De Jong the Great?

Atm, he's about level pegging with Gelson. (Not ability, I mean he hasn't done nothing that makes him a better player)

We need to drop him, make him fight for a place, hes got it way too easy. Although, I'd probably play him at Liverpool to get on Gerrard.

Completely marked Essien out of the game against Chelsea at COMS. Hopefully he can do the same to Steven ' I dont dive' Gerrard.

Am I the only one who has seen De Jong improve?

Every game he looks more comfortable going forward with the ball.

PSmyth07 said:
Atm, he's about level pegging with Gelson. (Not ability, I mean he hasn't done nothing that makes him a better player)

We need to drop him, make him fight for a place, hes got it way too easy. Although, I'd probably play him at Liverpool to get on Gerrard.

Somebody pass this fucking lunatic the noose. You know nothing about football just press the red X at the top and save me the vile tripe that you call opinion.

AntMcfc said:
Somebody pass this fucking lunatic the noose. You know nothing about football just press the red X at the top and save me the vile tripe that you call opinion.
Tell me what he has done? He had 1 good game at Chelsea, thats it.

You think he's the bee's knees because he gives 110%, yeah i'll give him that but he just isn't good enough. For a team with aspirations of glory and breaking the top four, De Jong isn't the player we need.

PSmyth07 said:
AntMcfc said:

You think he's the bee's knees because he gives 110%, yeah i'll give him that but he just isn't good enough. For a team with aspirations of glory and breaking the top four, De Jong isn't the player we need.

A dutch international who's one of the first names on the Holland teamsheet in a team ranked in the top 10 in the world and he's not good enough for City? People need to understand the job he is doing and get their heads out of footie manager.........

PSmyth07 said:
AntMcfc said:

Keep digging. I don't rate players who rely on work ethic at all, I'm not a huge fan of Tevez or Bellamy for example and I love Robinho, work rate means very little to me. What De Jong offers is incredible protection to the defence and a lot of it is so subtle that a simple footballing mind like yours won't even notice it. His positioning is excellent, he marks players out of the game and cuts down angles for other options which often leads to mistakes, he's incredible in the tackle, he plays the simple ball well, he just does the things your DM is there to do in exactly the same way Makelele and Dunga did, they play a role in a side and do it perfectly, your CB defends, your striker scores, your DM breaks up their play and recycles the ball, end of. Forget wanting him to go forward, that's the job of the other two CM players, nothing to do with De Jong.

De Jong isn't the problem.
De Jong, Vieira, and Barry all next to each other is the problem.
It's too crowded, and they just pass to each other whilst stood next to each other.
there is fuck all creative in there.
Do wish De Jong would stop the sideways/backwards passing though. god its boring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.