De Jong was unsung today... hand this man a contract

Can someone confirm for me how much De Jong makes a season? From what I can find online it seems to be about £110k a week

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
Mail are reporting (Ladyman) that he has been given permission to talk to inter.
Dispointed

Because you like the guy I assume? Fair enough, so do I. But if Mancini is willing to let go of Nigel, he most likely has a very good reason for it. If our manager feels we do not need his qualities anymore then that's the case, and at least now we stand a chance of getting a few quid for him as well.

He'd be a hit in Italy.

To sell de Jong is a bad move, ok he got caught on the ball a couple of times so did every other player on the pitch, Nigel makes city tick allows the wing backs to get forward and breaks up offensive play. To sell him would be a big mistake?

mancunial said:
To sell de Jong is a bad move, ok he got caught on the ball a couple of times so did every other player on the pitch, Nigel makes city tick allows the wing backs to get forward and breaks up offensive play. To sell him would be a big mistake?

No it would not.
And of course he wont be sold because of a couple of mistakes made during the CS. We simply have moved on as a squad and we no longer require a pure defensive midfielder with a limited range of skills. He's fantastic at doing what he does, but we do not need it anymore.
If we could replace him with a more dynamic and versatile defence-oriented midfielder we should, such as Javi Martinez, Daniele de Rossi, Xabi Alonso and so on.
Maybe that's a position Mancini sees Rodwell take up in a year or two.

Matt the Giant said:
mancunial said:

No it would not.
And of course he wont be sold because of a couple of mistakes made during the CS. We simply have moved on as a squad and we no longer require a pure defensive midfielder with a limited range of skills. He's fantastic at doing what he does, but we do not need it anymore.
If we could replace him with a more dynamic and versatile defence-oriented midfielder we should, such as Javi Martinez, Daniele de Rossi, Xabi Alonso and so on.
well until we one of the players you are mentioning or Rodwell has been driven to improve on that position then why sell him.

Sad to see him go as he has been a big part of the team since he joined. Not necessarily playing but is always having "banter" with the rest of the team etc.

As has been said, we just don't need a solid DM anymore. We did when Mancini was working on the defence and needed that protection.

He just doesn't offer that long range of passing or the odd bursting run which we are now looking to integrate.

If he leaves then cheers Nige!

Matt the Giant said:
GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
Mail are reporting (Ladyman) that he has been given permission to talk to inter.
Dispointed

Because you like the guy I assume? Fair enough, so do I. But if Mancini is willing to let go of Nigel, he most likely has a very good reason for it. If our manager feels we do not need his qualities anymore then that's the case, and at least now we stand a chance of getting a few quid for him as well.

He'd be a hit in Italy.

Yeah - I do. He fits in and is good for team spirit and would accept rotation. He's my type of player. Having said that, I also realise that we have moved on again. as we had two/three years ago and just being able to break up play and play the odd pass isn't enough anymore. Time will tell if we will miss him on the pitch. I dont we will play his sort anymore.

mancunial said:
Matt the Giant said:
mancunial said:

No it would not.
well until we one of the players you are mentioning or Rodwell has been driven to improve on that position then why sell him.

That I agree with. Now with Barry injured I'm a bit worried about how we will handle the DM position. If De Jong leaves we have... well no one really to take that place. I'm sure Yaya, Milner, Rodwell, Zabaleta all could do an okay job in that position, but it would not be sustainable for a longer time.

Something tells me we are not out of the race to sign Martinez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.