De Jong: we can be kings

The man is a winner - Simple!! - The key thing all winning teams have is a winning mentality. Its good to hear, lets just hope that if we "only" finish 4th the fans dont get a shitty on like last year on the last game of the season.

Aim high and accept where we finish!

Not saying I don't think we can push for the league...we should definitely be aiming for the top as everyone expects us to. I suppose I just don't feel very comfortable with people shouting from the rooftops about it. Do the talking on the pitch and stop blabbing to the media about how awesome we're going to be. Just giving them more ammo for when we next slip-up.

Everyone hopes to win the league. Who the hell goes into the season admitting that 4th is as good as they can achieve? That's a loser's mentality.

Every team should work as hard as they can for first, even Wigan. If they fall short, no one will blame them if they tried their hardest and put belief in that effort. A player's mentality shouldn't even include the possibility of defeat.

Garry.Cook said:
Not saying I don't think we can push for the league...we should definitely be aiming for the top as everyone expects us to. I suppose I just don't feel very comfortable with people shouting from the rooftops about it. Do the talking on the pitch and stop blabbing to the media about how awesome we're going to be. Just giving them more ammo for when we next slip-up.

there lie's the problem for me in some peoples thinking!

Pam said:
Come off it, there's nothing wrong with being positive. He made no claims that we were going to win it. He said he thought we had a chance, which is fair enough.
De Jong is no shrinking violet. I'd have an issue if he came out and said we're hoping for a top 4 finish. I don't want players in the squad who are happy with 2nd/3rd/4th best. I actually believe we have a chance, as if we get the players we're linked with our squad will be as strong as anyone elses. Crack on Nige, good lad.

De Jong is quickly becoming my faviourate player he gets stuck in and makes all the right noises. I'd get him on my shirt for next season but I don't want to force him to leave! De Jong for the captaincy

I did reveal this five days before it was on the OS... that's what screenscraping and making things up can do for you.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=177531&start=1820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=177531&start=1820</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.