de Jong

and thats whys he's on the back of my shirt. what a player he is.

for games against 'lesser' clubs he's not really necessary but for the big games he's your man.

Easily MOTM, absolutely outstanding from start to finish, he was just superb.

for all those people who say ''what does he actually do, he's not that good''

if todays game doesn't explain it, then you must be stupid.

The bigger the game the better he plays, he thrives off games like this and he's always up for it, i met him to after the game and i was pleased i got the chance to see him, love the guy, one of many who takes a fair amount of unfair stick.

He did his job brilliantly today but he had to do his thing far too often, because the midfield as a whole was far too deep for the majority of the game. Really De Jong is the kind of player you shouldn't notice all that much if your collective midfield has a degree of control on the game, but ours didn't.

Still, De Jong's performance today was another example of why he's so important in these big games, because his destructive work was tremendous.

On a side note I saw someone before saying that Bridge was awful today, not sure which thread. My response would be that considering he has been out for 5 games and came back into a 1-on-1 duel with Valencia, I thought he did really well today and by and large quelled his threat, and did his best to support Bellamy, who in my eyes was slightly disappointing today. He didn't really seem to have that edge about him that he usually has.

He was superb, our man of the match. His tackling was as ferocious as ever but his overall play including passing and getting forward were excellent today too.

tackled himself to a standstill today,outshone most of the so called star players by a mile,i wish others sharerd his passion.

Thought NDJ played a blinder...just wish that chance in the second half at the edge of the area didn't fall to him and some one with a shot...

Thought Barry had a good game as well

goatfeeder100 said:
He did his job brilliantly today but he had to do his thing far too often, because the midfield as a whole was far too deep for the majority of the game. Really De Jong is the kind of player you shouldn't notice all that much if your collective midfield has a degree of control on the game, but ours didn't.

Still, De Jong's performance today was another example of why he's so important in these big games, because his destructive work was tremendous.

On a side note I saw someone before saying that Bridge was awful today, not sure which thread. My response would be that considering he has been out for 5 games and came back into a 1-on-1 duel with Valencia, I thought he did really well today and by and large quelled his threat, and did his best to support Bellamy, who in my eyes was slightly disappointing today. He didn't really seem to have that edge about him that he usually has.

A brilliant post.

NDJ shines when we are getting pushed back and overrun in midfield, i'd match him against any other tackler in the PL.

Agreed, his forward passing needs to be worked on but if he can get that right then we have a storming midfielder and I still reckon he's good at the moment, especially fro those games like Chelsea, Scum, probably Tottenham also.

was awesome again today. I would rather him than barry, he does an amazing job in front of the back 4. He is the sort of player that will do a perfect job of protecting a creative midfielder. He would have been amazing alongside Kinkladze, Bernarbia or Berkovic. I think he would do the job of protecting robbie if we brought him back and played him in the middle.
Nige get criticised too oftern for doing nothing wrong. He and Barry cannot play together as its too defensive so we only need one, and Id rather Nige

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.