Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i cant get my head round the sancho one tbh. He left because he didnt see himself being a regular starter at city, 3 years down the line and i'm not sure what has really changed?
He wont start week in week out

Plus, people say Sane has attitude issue. I guess Sancho is a role model then

My instinct is the same as yours but perhaps it was Dortmund's offer that swayed the lad in the first place?

City did after all negotiate these clauses in his contract. Why did we bother if we had no interest in the player?

Leroy Sane is a City player though so it seems quite a step to start talking about Sancho at this stage

simple truth is city invested time and money in the lad from watford and wanted to cover the cost and price we paid, also city knew the lad was a good prospect in the future, so in a way we did control the lads future and had clauses written into the move, and now if the buy back clause is active and city want him back then it will be well below market value, so because of that i don't see his people and agent agreeing to a move back to city because of that value and money they would lose

also city are not daft and a clause in a sell on price was also added and i think is was a big one as well, so maybe 40% to 50% payback would be a better offer if the market value is right and they want £120million plus, so city would be getting a good price for there small investment

simple truth is city invested time and money in the lad from watford and wanted to cover the cost and price we paid, also city knew the lad was a good prospect in the future, so in a way we did control the lads future and had clauses written into the move, and now if the buy back clause is active and city want him back then it will be well below market value, so because of that i don't see his people and agent agreeing to a move back to city because of that value and money they would lose

also city are not daft and a clause in a sell on price was also added and i think is was a big one as well, so maybe 40% to 50% payback would be a better offer if the market value is right and they want £120million plus, so city would be getting a good price for there small investment
Sorry mate - what do you mean by this?

My instinct is the same as yours but perhaps it was Dortmund's offer that swayed the lad in the first place?

City did after all negotiate these clauses in his contract. Why did we bother if we had no interest in the player?

Leroy Sane is a City player though so it seems quite a step to start talking about Sancho at this stage
Don’t think we have a buyback clause just a sell on percentage and the opportunity to match any offer ie be kept informed.

if we have a buyback clause then it would make sense to to asked the question ?? but for me the lad and his agent are ****s ? and city and pep got done over and we got nothing but bad press about letting him leave, but the truth was he wanted out because of no guarantees of a first team place, and because of his age and city having sterling sane jesus B.silva D.silva KDB all wanting starting places and well ahead of him, so spat his dummy out and refused to play or go on pre-season

so i don't see city or pep every wanting somebody like that around the camp. if he was told your not playing this week i could see him kicking off
Agreed. So there’s no player as good as him currently on market? Don’t want to see another porkba situation.

Sorry mate - what do you mean by this?

if we was to buy him on the buy back with the clause they would lose about £70million because of the value we would pay for him, so the value they would get if somebody else signed him and then we just get a percentage for the sale price, i hope you got what i mean

if we was to buy him on the buy back with the clause they would lose about £70million because of the value we would pay for him, so the value they would get if somebody else signed him and then we just get a percentage for the sale price, i hope you got what i mean
but you said 'his people and agent' - I get how it's better for Dortmund if a buy back doesn't get triggered, but how does it impact him/his people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.