Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad situation, bayern are complete back stabbing bastards and prob the ones leaking ffp info to german media. Yet they want to do business. I'd slap 130 mill for Leroy. IF leroy wants to go then fair enough. But hes the type of player we need to build future with.

Not a chance we should be getting rid and I won't believe it yet as all the stories are coming from Germany.

Anyway he's worth at least £100m-£120m.

To Bayern he's worth £120m and a public apology from Hoeness and Rummenigge for all the shite over the years...

Even then I'd tell them to fuck off.

Don't sell Leroy...Leroy Sane...I just don't think you'd understand.

I think this is very much a similar situation to De Gea to Madrid in 2014.

Bayern need to buy a world class winger in the next 3 months. The obvious choice is Sané, and they're probably the 1 club he'll move to because of his family, but if that move doesn't happen then they will buy someone else.

When that happens, just like how Madrid's need for a keeper went away when they bought Navas, leaving DDG no chance to get to Madrid to be with his girlfriend, Leroy will see his only suitor spend €€€ on someone else, and the gap in their squad won't be open next summer.

In the end De Gea just convinced his girlfriend to move over here and he's been there another 5 years.

Keep Leroy even if he wants to leave this summer, and there's a very good chance Bayern will be off the table and he'd actually rather stay here.

He can't sulk because he has to play to get in Germany's 2020 squad, and every week he doesn't sign, £140k gets away from him forever.
These are fair points but there are three main differences I see:

The market for young wingers with bags of potential is exponentially more active than that of even the best keepers. PSG talk themselves into buying a new forward ever summer. Excluding English sides, PSG, Barca, Real, and Bayern could all be interested in twelve months time and openings for new attackers happen constantly.

The other overhang is this potential transfer ban. If you think there's a good likelihood of one coming, and I do at least, then you have to sell this summer. However shitty it is, you can't let an asset like Leroy walk away for nothing.

Finally, and this is the key for me, theres nothing we've seen over the last three years with Pep, Txiki, and crew that suggests we're
interested in having people here that don't want to be here. We see that in our incomings all the time and it feels like Pep says it in press conferences constantly. True they were pragmatic going back in for Laporte, but that seems to me like the exception rather than the rule. Maybe they do again for Leroy but Pep, publically at least, seems to take a harder line with contract renewals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.