Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd have offered Sané a proper salary 18 months ago before Bayern and the 385k was even on the radar he'd have signed.

It's irrelevant now, he's gone. The deal NOW isn't too bad in the circumstances but getting to this situation is the problem. There would be 15 clubs in europe willing to pay him 300k a week right now so if you want to try to offer half of what other clubs will pay then let's see where that gets us.
I think you’re being extremely naive to think Bayern haven’t been on this since they originally missed out on him. Gotze, Lewandowski, Sule, Goretzka, Neuer, Kimmich, Gnabry, Vidal. Go and read up on their tactics for all of these transfers, they do it all the time. They tried it on with KDB as well.

Bayern told the national team last year if Neuer wasn’t Germany’s number one all Bayern players would be withdrawing. Do you think for one minute Sane would have been left out of the World Cup squad in 2018 if he played for Bayern. There’s far more going on than us not offering him a contract 1-2 years into his deal.

Not across the life of his contract,we have no bargaining power because he won't sign a new deal,hayden have done their usual trick ,covid has fucked things as well
It is a classic tap up. Tell the player he can play for Bayern on big wages if he doesn’t sign a new contract with city. If he had signed a new contract we could have kept him or demanded silly money for him. The Covid 19 angle is interesting with no ticket sales and a less entertaining product it is difficult to see how revenue streams and thus transfer fees can be maintained. I think some clubs will panic and try to offload expensive players from their books. Assuming the CAS appeal goes well there could be easy pickings for us.

It is early days with Rodri but his speed over the ground is not going to improve over time and anyone can see he’s way too slow to cope with the demands of the Premier League; whatever money was spent on Cancelo could have been used towards Vinnie’s replacement, we ended up giving Juventus money and Danilo who is a better right back than Cancelo! Vinnie is quite simply irreplaceable but there were decent centre halves around with leadership skills who have captained their clubs like De Ligt and Ruben Diaz; I would be just as happy for Eric Garcia to grow into the role but Pep seems to have a blind spot for Otamendi who remains an accident waiting to happen and has been ever since he walked through the door; there have been plenty of great signings over the last 10 years but also plenty of unmitigated disasters like Mangala for £42m, Javi Garcia, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Nolito, Bravo, Bony so Txiki needs to be called out, his decisions recently have been appalling and that’s my point

If Gareth Barry can play 700 times in the Premier League, then Rodri is plenty quick enough.

I think you’re being extremely naive to think Bayern haven’t been on this since they originally missed out on him. Gotze, Lewandowski, Sule, Goretzka, Neuer, Kimmich, Gnabry, Vidal. Go and read up on their tactics for all of these transfers, they do it all the time. They tried it on with KDB as well.

Bayern told the national team last year if Neuer wasn’t Germany’s number one all Bayern players would be withdrawing. Do you think for one minute Sane would have been left out of the World Cup squad in 2018 if he played for Bayern. There’s far more going on than us not offering him a contract 1-2 years into his deal.
It was a dirty Bayern trick not playing Sane in the world cup and Germany suffered for it. If Sane had been more mature and got his head down and listened to Pep we would have played him more and he might have stayed, the egg on Bayern’s face would have priceless.

It is early days with Rodri but his speed over the ground is not going to improve over time and anyone can see he’s way too slow to cope with the demands of the Premier League; whatever money was spent on Cancelo could have been used towards Vinnie’s replacement, we ended up giving Juventus money and Danilo who is a better right back than Cancelo! Vinnie is quite simply irreplaceable but there were decent centre halves around with leadership skills who have captained their clubs like De Ligt and Ruben Diaz; I would be just as happy for Eric Garcia to grow into the role but Pep seems to have a blind spot for Otamendi who remains an accident waiting to happen and has been ever since he walked through the door; there have been plenty of great signings over the last 10 years but also plenty of unmitigated disasters like Mangala for £42m, Javi Garcia, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Nolito, Bravo, Bony so Txiki needs to be called out, his decisions recently have been appalling and that’s my point

I'm a huge fan of full stops but you clearly aren't.

Opinions, eh?

It's a shame he'll be remembered with us as 'what could have been', that goal against Dippers makes him somehow much more important player he was with us for two seasons, and now he's gone, good riddance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.