Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play very differently to the team that Barry excelled in.

And Barry was probably a bit smarter than Rodri has shown so far positionally and breaking play up.

That's true, but we do play quite similarly to Pep's team at Barca and Bayern who for most of his tenure had Busquets and Thiago/Lahm as holding midfielders. None of these are anywhere near as athletic or pacy as Fernandinho because it isn't required for the role.

Last edited:
We disagree then. Sane was too inconsistent to have the influence you are suggesting

Sane only really came into the team at the end of his first full season. Between then and the following season we broke every record in the book. In this season when he hasn't played we're 23 points from Liverpool, a 48 point turnaround in 2 years! If you don't think Sane was a big reason why we finished 25 points ahead of Liverpool 2 years ago and 23 points behind them this then I don't know what to say.

Sane only really came into the team at the end of his first full season. Between then and the following season we broke every record in the book. In this season when he hasn't played we're 23 points from Liverpool, a 48 point turnaround in 2 years! If you don't think Sane was a big reason why we finished 25 points ahead of Liverpool 2 years ago and 23 points behind them this then I don't know what to say.
I do, we are not and never have been a one man team. There are a multitude of reasons why we fell behind so far this season, Sane is not the main one

I think the main difference Sane made was as a sub option.

- dominate for 60 mins and not be able to break a team down - bring on an excellent fresh winger and it just grinds them down even further
- if we were a goal up and a team came hunting, bringing him on as a counter option would stretch the game and usually end with us scoring again.

Unfortunately the games where he should start ahead of Bernardo or Mahrez are increasingly few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.