Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking more likely - Bayern forum sounding despondent. :)
Said early in the thread that bayern were never going to pay what is required, either to City for Leroy's signature, nor to Leroy as salary, we can easily match any salary they offer him, and more, if he does go, it'll be elsewhere than Germany imho.

Said early in the thread that bayern were never going to pay what is required, either to City for Leroy's signature, nor to Leroy as salary, we can easily match any salary they offer him, and more, if he does go, it'll be elsewhere than Germany imho.

Agreed with you then and agree with you now :)

A much better chance of winning the CL with City than Bayern?

Are you sure? Bayern have 5 wins, 5 runners up and 19 semi finals places. City have 1 semi final place to show for a decade of trying.

It's a hard competition to win if you haven't done it before. Look how long it took Juve and Barca to break their duck. Look at PSG's laughable record.

That's not taking into account possible sanctions FIFA and UEFA may or may not impose.

As long as there is FFP I'm not even sure there is much of a financial gap.

Brexit also adds an element of uncertainty for all EPL clubs. That starts with the plummeting pound. A player who went to England 3 years ago because his wage packet there was worth €100,000 a week is now taking home "just" €80,000.

I don't know if Man City and PSG will still be big players in Europe in 5 years time. Man City look to be better placed ,but who can say for definite?

Bayern on the other hand will definitely still be a big player in 5, 10 and 20 years time. Ditto the 2 Spanish clubs andJuve.
Bet the Milan clubs thought they would be big players for years to come so please don't come on spouting shit again. 19 semi finals and only five wins, not a great stat is it. Sounds like perennial bottle jobs, Klopp will do well at your place. Most City fans don't give a stuff about the CL anyway and are not arsed who wins it. Give me four PL title wins in wight seasons over one CL any day. Anyway enjoy your one team league for years to come just without Leroy

Typical glory hunter,leaving his team for a better one

Met a rag (former colleague) for lunch the other day. Actually, he is no longer a rag. So he says. Fell out of love with the money in the game etc etc... He now watches a local league team.

Tried to engage him in further discussion but he was having none of it. Let's discuss the Cricket World Cup. .

;)

A much better chance of winning the CL with City than Bayern?

Are you sure? Bayern have 5 wins, 5 runners up and 19 semi finals places. City have 1 semi final place to show for a decade of trying.

It's a hard competition to win if you haven't done it before. Look how long it took Juve and Barca to break their duck. Look at PSG's laughable record.

That's not taking into account possible sanctions FIFA and UEFA may or may not impose.

As long as there is FFP I'm not even sure there is much of a financial gap.

Brexit also adds an element of uncertainty for all EPL clubs. That starts with the plummeting pound. A player who went to England 3 years ago because his wage packet there was worth €100,000 a week is now taking home "just" €80,000.

I don't know if Man City and PSG will still be big players in Europe in 5 years time. Man City look to be better placed ,but who can say for definite?

Bayern on the other hand will definitely still be a big player in 5, 10 and 20 years time. Ditto the 2 Spanish clubs andJuve.
This is the type of arrogance that has seen both the English and German rags where they're at now, Fergies "not in my lifetime" jibe showed they were confident of staying at the top and having no plans to deal with the other teams competing, now its too late. Its similar with Bayern but its only affecting them in a champions league sense as there is no one to challenge domestically, at least a prolonged challenge but the way liverpool beat them must have been a wake up call.

Thought he said he used to support Arsenal, but supports Bayern now?

Nice try. I'm a Munich born Bayern fan. I look out for Arsenal in the English league though. I remember them beating ManUtd 3-2 in the first FA Cup final I watched. 3 goals in the last 3 minutes. Late 70s early 80s that must have been. At that time the atmosphere in English football was much better than in Germany or anywhere in Europe.

As for glory hunters I imagine the Manchester City owner is quite keen to attract a few of those. It comes with the territory of being a big club.

Bayern fans think that every German player wants to play for them. I think Sane will prove them wrong.

Not really . Plenty of good German players never played for Bayern. I dont know if the names Seeler, Netzer, Sammer mean much in England, but in Germany those are considered all time greats. Nobody has a problem with that. The only one where it hurt was Schuster because he was a Bavarian.

Plenty of modern players in that category as well. Reus and Ozil for example, although any fairminded observer would have to say both of those players massively underachieved given their undoubted talent . Whether they would have had better careers at Bayern is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.