Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't think Leroy fancied going there. That's the first thing he said.

However, he then followed by saying 'even if Leroy did' if it were up to him as City's management he'll make it prohibitively expensive for Bayern.

Where exactly did you read it was all about the money?
That's exactly the way I saw it, also. I thought that Kroos told it exactly the way the whole saga should logically play out.

He doesn't think Leroy fancied going there. That's the first thing he said.

However, he then followed by saying 'even if Leroy did' if it were up to him as City's management he'll make it prohibitively expensive for Bayern.

Where exactly did you read it was all about the money?

OK, hear me out. This is the last time I comment about that post as I understand it's kind of very sensitive to some.

The way I understood Kroos's comments is this: " He is saying nothing, absolutely nothing, about whether Sane wants to go to Bayern or not. He is just saying he cannot see this transfer happening because he thinks City most probably would want to keep the player and has all the leverage to make his transfer unlikely through prohibitive valuation. " So, I see it as he is saying it will all boil down to whether Bayern can match the valuations. Money, that is. I am just commenting about what Kroos said (as I understand it). I could be wrong.

Last edited:
OK, hear me out. This is the last time I comment about that post as I understand it's kind of very sensitive to some.

The way I understood Kroos's comments is this: " He is saying nothing, absolutely nothing, about whether Sane wants to go to Bayern or not. He is just saying he cannot see this transfer happening because he thinks City most probably would want to keep the player and has all the leverage to make his transfer unlikely through prohibitive valuation. " So, I see it as he is saying it will all boil down to whether Bayern can match the valuations. Money, that is. I am just commenting about what Kroos said (as I understand it). I could be wrong.
Fair enough

I keep telling you guys according to my source Sane is very much part of Pep's plans for the upcoming season. We are not buying felix or koulibaly. Neither will we be buying Maguire. Maguire's deal is only contingent on Otamendi leaving. Close the darn thread.
Give it a rest pal.

He said basically that he doesn't think City would sell him, whatever.

So that pretty much makes the rest of it irrelevant.

If he was available, Kroos' team would likely outbid Bayern for him.

Bayern & their pathetic, arse licking stooges in Germany, have all tried to get Leroy to throw a spanner in the works & say he wants to leave, knowing Pep would want him out & hoping that would force City to sell him, but nobody, including Kroos, has been given any feeling that is the case. If he had been given that impression, then no doubt imo he would have taken the opportunity to say so.

From Leroy's point of view, I don't see any problem with what he has done.

I would do exactly the same. If I was that good, I would want to be sure that City valued me as highly as I value myself & not accept a 'B' list contract.

If it took another year to negotiate that, I would consider my options, whilst also trying to prove to everyone I was an 'A' list player, then decide whether I fancied leaving.

From City's point of view, they would have to persuade me, they thought I was going to be a big player for them or I'm not signing. They managed it with Raheem so now it's Leroy.

There is a thread with people claiming Pep will definitely go, in two years. So Leroy's team has plenty to consider.

I keep telling you guys according to my source Sane is very much part of Pep's plans for the upcoming season. We are not buying felix or koulibaly. Neither will we be buying Maguire. Maguire's deal is only contingent on Otamendi leaving. Close the darn thread.

With the greatest respect, you are incorrect.

The signing of a centre-half, Maguire or anybody else, is not dependent on Nicolas leaving.

We're buying a centre-half, regardless.

Just the one, even if Otamendi goes/stays and having already lost Vinny.

The club have always been optimistic on Leroy based on our valuation and we already felt our wide options were more than suitable, even if Bayern did find £100m plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.