Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hold the aces not German rags despite their classless pathetic posturing

If they don't pay up he stays for up to 2 years. German Rags wont wait two years for him, they're desperate for wingers NOW
If he doesn't want to sign he stays for up to 2 years on 60k p week or whatever it is and loses a shit load in wages. Not an option for him, no security for the player, especially if he gets injured.

If he still doesn't sign by next summer we sell him and open to highest bidders.
If we make it known he is up for sale you can be assured there will be more than one bidder therefore upping his price

Anything less than 120-140 mill is a piss take in today's market. If the German rags are able to bid 90 mil then they will find the extra 30 mil if they really want him.

Neither the German rags or Sane (if he does actually want to leave) have any leverage here because a lot can happen in two years and his wages are low.

It's simple, if they want him now and he wants to go, then they pay a premium.

I'm really not getting this whole value thing.

At the end of the day he will go for what hes worth and hes only worth what someone is willing to pay. We are talking about footballers here, not property.

Its hardly a stable market when clubs just make random numbers up and put huge release clauses in.

It will be between 80 and 90 million imo.

We can get a decent replacement with that type of money and I'm sure the club have someone lined up.

At the end of the day he will go for what hes worth and hes only worth what someone is willing to pay. We are talking about footballers here, not property.

Its hardly a stable market when clubs just make random numbers up and put huge release clauses in.

It will be between 80 and 90 million imo.

We can get a decent replacement with that type of money and I'm sure the club have someone lined up.
So you think Bayern should decide what our own player is worth? Strongly disagree with that mentality. As would any Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea board member if he was on their books, on the same contract. It's the whole reason they went public before putting a bid in, unsettle the player and drive the price down. Why else would know their bid before they'd even contacted the club, if it wasn't a deliberate ploy?

We are under no obligation to do Bayern any favours, nor Leroy for that matter. He can go but only for the right price, is the only way to look at it. The club comes first. £90m would be a steal in this market and show we've learned absolutely nothing when it comes to player sales.

As I've said earlier, City are in a stronger position than Bayern, we don't need to sell(plenty of time left) and they can't afford to wait a year. They are desperate for a big signing for the wings. Leroy has 2 full years left and he's on a lower tier wage. So if he is still a City player at the end of this transfer window, from his point of view he might as well extend and get a pay rise, then let us bank a higher fee next summer if he wants to leave. It would serve Bayern right.

We could make a mockery of all the FFP claims if we play this right, so yes we do need the money IMO. As much as possible. Would rather he stayed though personally, as nice as the net spend trophy would be.

Last edited:

At the end of the day he will go for what hes worth and hes only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I'd say this is the case, provided the selling club wants to, or needs to, sell the player. Otherwise, no, not at all.

Why? We only paid 37 million for him, if we sell at 90 that's 53 million profit on him, so 53 million for a player with 2 years on a contract if he wants to leave is good business, I would love him to stay, but if he leaves we move on and that is life, there are only 2 certainties here he stays or he doesn't, either way it won't affect us to much

With amortisation his value on the books would be around £14.4m, so the profit margin would be higher.

Personally, I'd want to see Sané stay, but if he was to go, flout him to Real as well to bump up the price

If Sane goes then what will that do to our chances of winning the league this coming season?

Fuck all as we we will win it again, regardless. As for all the other competitions who knows? Cup competitions are a lottery and it's all about luck of the draw, what team you can put out on the day etc etc..

Really?

Why is everyone moaning on each page about either Mahrez (not his fault Pep trusted him), João Felix fee(the kid is a cental mid creative sensation by all accounts and looks mustard) and Bayern's wingers (Gnabry looks alright to me).

Sane will start, get paid well and be able to show us he's the best... he still has to commit to do this. If he doesn't, he gets frozen out/transferred out.

Why? We only paid 37 million for him, if we sell at 90 that's 53 million profit on him, so 53 million for a player with 2 years on a contract if he wants to leave is good business, I would love him to stay, but if he leaves we move on and that is life, there are only 2 certainties here he stays or he doesn't, either way it won't affect us to much
I think that's not relevant. Leicester only paid what 2million for Mahrez and sold him for 60.
What's relevant is how much players like him are sold for and length of his contract imo. And to Bayern, Leroy is worth way more than Mahrez to us and much younger too.

If Sane goes then what will that do to our chances of winning the league this coming season?

Fuck all as we we will win it again, regardless. As for all the other competitions who knows? Cup competitions are a lottery and it's all about luck of the draw, what team you can put out on the day etc etc..
Totally deluded. Title is gone without Leroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.