Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That’s just because they are both German.

Bayern want to make Sané the face and image of German football. When you picture Leroy what do you see? When he’s doing promo shoots what image does he present? If I was advising Leroy and a move was on the cards I would tell him not to appear in City promo stuff with his trademark style and save that for Bayern and when they have the big roll out. That way you are not having competing images.

Bayern are betting large on Leroy and with that much money at stake you want all the bases covered.
but are they betting £137m large?

I don't think that if Sane plays tomorrow then he is likely to stay. Going by English media we want two conditions to be fulfilled in order to sell Sane: Sane to want a transfer and Bayern to meet our asking price. Apparently, there is no condition concerning a transfer deadline - that it should happen X days before the transfer window closes. If Bayern pay 135m, he is gone imo. That would be a very good price for a player who isn't exactly a firm starter and wants to leave. It is quite obvious also that Guardiola isn't a big Sane fan.

I don't think that if Sane plays tomorrow then he is likely to stay. Going by English media we want two conditions to be fulfilled in order to sell Sane: Sane to want a transfer and Bayern to meet our asking price. Apparently, there is no condition concerning a transfer deadline - that it should happen X days before the transfer window closes. If Bayern pay 135m, he is gone imo. That would be a very good price for a player who isn't exactly a firm starter and wants to leave. It is quite obvious also that Guardiola isn't a big Sane fan.
I think his presence in the travelling party is a strong indication he is going to stay, because he's clearly not expressed a desire to leave, and it's the 3rd August 2019. Granted the German window does not shut for some time, but if I were him I'd have wanted this sorted months ago if I wanted to leave, and he clearly has shown considerably less desire to move than his agent.

Speculation will continue, but you have to think he's staying now.

If bayern want him, they are going to have to make a huge offer to City.

Over to you Bayern. Put up or shut up, and do it quick, because after 3 months of farce the clock is ticking on your transfer operation. Go and get Dembele. Or Bale.

Bale is their most likely option in my opinion. And one I don't like because it will leave open the Sane option in 12 months time.

Perhaps he is not " desperate " to keep him, but unlikely to say that with transfer " negotiations " currently taking place.

I am not convinced that Pep believes that Sane is currently deserving a top salary on par with Raheem for example. But if he was to sign the contract and prove to Pep that he deserves it, I am sure that the contract would be improved. Only my opinion though and I know f*** all .

That's why I used "if": I'm not sure either if Pep is that desperate but City also have to think longer term than just the remainder of Pep's contract. Leroy's ability is there for all to see; he's a rare talent and I would not want to see him leave over money.

I think if that amount of money is being requested then bayern wouldn't be happy him playing in a glorified friendly if they are serious about buying him,i would think if sane is wanting to leave he wouldn't want the risk as well

I think his presence in the travelling party is a strong indication he is going to stay, because he's clearly not expressed a desire to leave, and it's the 3rd August 2019. Granted the German window does not shut for some time, but if I were him I'd have wanted this sorted months ago if I wanted to leave, and he clearly has shown considerably less desire to move than his agent.

If bayern want him, they are going to have to make a huge offer to City.

Over to you Bayern. Put up or shut up, and do it quick, because after 3 months of farce the clock is ticking on your transfer operation. Go and get Dembele. Or Bale.

Bale is their most likely option in my opinion. And one I don't like because it will leave open the Sane option in 12 months time.
The fact Bild have nailed their colours to the “he won’t play tomorrow as it would jeopardise the deal” mast suggests that if he plays, then the German media isn’t nearly as close to the correct info as they’d like.

Exactly, why is Danilo whose imminently leaving not even traveling but Sane is????

I hope so but German media suggest that the delay was due to a disagreement betwen Sane and Bayern about his wages. Bayern are desperate to take him, so they have decided to offer him more than they give Lewandowski and this has led to the breakthrough in the negotiations. Think what separates Sane from Bayern right now is our asking price which is huge even for Bayern. We may decide also to offer Sane what Bayern have promised him but I can't say how likely is that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.