Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, if city sells Sane we can kiss the league goodbye. Don't get me wrong, I love pep but Pep sometimes gets it wrong. I remember Pep selling Eto for Ibrahimovic and that was a travesty of the highest order. Sane is 23 and is not even close to his peak. Convince him to sign and forget about Felix. English football is not a kids game. By the way, my source tells me city will not sign Felix this year.
Yeah, we did so bad last year with Sane contributing to bench. Selling Ibra was awesome, dickhead was pulled back down to earth. And you have no sources, boy.

Sane is a very good player. There is no doubt about it. On his day he is a match winner and any team would be foolish not to try to retain his services as I believe we are.
That said and done no one player is greater than the team. The team always comes first.
Pep has said repeatedly that he does not want players who for whatever reason don’t want to be hear and that is irrespective of how good the may be. An unhappy player is a bad influence in the changing room and must be avoided at all costs.
I think Sane is quite happy here but is angling after getting himself the best possible deal and who can blame him for that! If he is unhappy just let him go for the best possible price and good luck to him. There should be none of this “shouldn’t let him go at all costs “ nonsense talk. He is not indispensable. Nobody is.

Look, if city sells Sane we can kiss the league goodbye. Don't get me wrong, I love pep but Pep sometimes gets it wrong. I remember Pep selling Eto for Ibrahimovic and that was a travesty of the highest order. Sane is 23 and is not even close to his peak. Convince him to sign and forget about Felix. English football is not a kids game. By the way, my source tells me city will not sign Felix this year.

All of this post is so wrong in so many ways. Almost unbelievable that you think we can “kiss the league goodbye” if we lose one player - who spent a lot of last season on the bench. We won every English trophy without arguably our most influential player (KDB) for most of the season - not to mention Ferdy & Mendy ....... Having said that, hope he stays.

If I was Pep, I’m putting a bid in for Kimmich. All this shit that club has said about ya and they’re trying to unnerve Sane, but lower his price when they’ve paid 80mil for a defender, I’d start bidding for all their best players.

We’re being far too respectful.

Sane is a very good player. There is no doubt about it. On his day he is a match winner and any team would be foolish not to try to retain his services as I believe we are.
That said and done no one player is greater than the team. The team always comes first.
Pep has said repeatedly that he does not want players who for whatever reason don’t want to be hear and that is irrespective of how good the may be. An unhappy player is a bad influence in the changing room and must be avoided at all costs.
I think Sane is quite happy here but is angling after getting himself the best possible deal and who can blame him for that! If he is unhappy just let him go for the best possible price and good luck to him. There should be none of this “shouldn’t let him go at all costs “ nonsense talk. He is not indispensable. Nobody is.

Agreed.

So what's the point for Leroy hesitating to sign an extension?

- Wages? Nah, Bayern won't pay more than City.

- German squad? Nope, he will have a career there anyway.

- More success and glory? Nah, not really.

- Homeland? Could well be, but I don't know.

- Pep himself? Is he too demanding? Is there some personal issue between those two? No idea.

- Playing time? Certainly.

IMO, Leroy would like to join Bayern - for whatever reason,
otherwise he would have made some kind of positive comments about his future at City.
Actually Bayern doesn't want to or simply can't pay market value.
Leroy would have to force a transfer for a lower fee by telling City he wants to leave
or by hesitating the whole summer
or by not signing an extension, which would be a possible threat for next summer.

Pep has been saying for months he wants him to stay, but no deal is agreed.
There must be a reason besides pure money.
As Leroy doesn't say what he wants we just can speculate.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose him, sadly.
But as you said, nobody is indispensable.

Playing time! Yep I agree + though we don't know who we'll sign this summer, it certainly won't be getting easier to command regular starts next season. That said I'm confident Pep selects on merit, not sentiment. I want him to stay and fight, however, Pep's made it clear the best is still to come and regardless of who's here, I CANNOT WAIT!

Not sure why Leroy would come out and say positive things about staying. He also, IMHO, should not say anything negative either. If he says he wants to stay all that does is weaken his negotiating stance. Keep us guessing. Sterling kept schtum pretty much AFAICR. I do hope he stays but will wish him well if he leaves.

Agreed.

So what's the point for Leroy hesitating to sign an extension?

- Wages? Nah, Bayern won't pay more than City.

- German squad? Nope, he will have a career there anyway.

- More success and glory? Nah, not really.

- Homeland? Could well be, but I don't know.

- Pep himself? Is he too demanding? Is there some personal issue between those two? No idea.

- Playing time? Certainly.

IMO, Leroy would like to join Bayern - for whatever reason,
otherwise he would have made some kind of positive comments about his future at City.
Actually Bayern doesn't want to or simply can't pay market value.
Leroy would have to force a transfer for a lower fee by telling City he wants to leave
or by hesitating the whole summer
or by not signing an extension, which would be a possible threat for next summer.

Pep has been saying for months he wants him to stay, but no deal is agreed.
There must be a reason besides pure money.
As Leroy doesn't say what he wants we just can speculate.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose him, sadly.
But as you said, nobody is indispensable.

That's a lot of,erm guessing,our players don't talk about their contracts usually and he is away with the national team,things will become clearer but probably not until he has had his holiday,patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.