Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silence is deafening really on this one from our side.
Bayern seemingly making big noises and disappointingly were letting them with not a word back.
Just let him go if he wants out.
We're securing several contracts but can't seem to get this one done.
To be fair matt I think Bayern doth protest too much, if they were confident of getting the deal why are they mouthing off so much isntead of just being calm and quiet?
City don't make noise, perhaps because they don't need to.

Last edited:
they are doing a good job because our owners are letting them, Bayern ex players and even players in the team are pushing on him, our owners should take the stance and say player has been tapped up. then lets see what happens
like no one really knows what's happening with the contract situation, the same can be said about what our owners think of this Bayern situation.
our owners are a thorough and patient bunch. you know they are taking it all in and if and when the time is right and they have the proper documentation they will act accordingly.

He has two years left on his deal so the only reason for speculation is Bayern's tapping up and his alleged delay in signing an extension; anything else is just conjecture based on social media outbursts from 'no marks'.

My general point is that if a player is not completely committed to staying and developing at our club, they should be allowed to leave, on our terms. One of the great reasons for our success, other than the consistency between board and management, is the togetherness of the squad and it is something that Pep is known as being a builder of. Anyone causing an issue with that is dealt with quickly.

We have three other top class international wide players and who knows how many other Sancho’s and Diaz’s looking at the long line between them and a first team place. If he goes we won’t even need to sign a replacement.

With hindsight I really wish we’d swerved Mahrez.

Pep knows how to deal with uncommitted superstars and he always gets it right. If Sane doesn't want to sign a new contract for the treble winners in the best league in the world then sell him. There are lots of great players out there who would love to play for us.

Would be a shame to lose him, as he could become a truly great player, but team spirit and togetherness is way more important than one player.

City should be blunt with Leroy. Sign another contract in the next week or you are up for sale.
Leroy might be on holiday. Txiki might be on holiday. They might both be on holiday.

There might not even be a contract ready to sign as the last offer might not be there if he’s rejected it. Contracts take time to create and include legalities and periods of negotiation on both sides. They’re not just a piece of paper with “SIGN HERE................” written on it.

An offer can be made and it can take weeks to go through an agent or lawyer looking over it and then a counter offer from the player will come back. Then the club will take time deciding on their next move.

City will never give a player a week’s notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leroy might be on holiday. Txiki might be on holiday. They might both be on holiday.

There might not even be a contract ready to sign as the last offer might not be there if he’s rejected it. Contracts take time to create and include legalities and periods of negotiation on both sides. They’re not just a piece of paper with “SIGN HERE................” written on it.

An offer can be made and it can take weeks to go through an agent or lawyer looking over it and then a counter offer from the player will come back. Then the club will take time deciding on their next move.

City will never give a player a week’s notice.
All good points but he’s had 18 months to sign.

All good points but he’s had 18 months to sign.
I’ve been thinking about what to do in my work life for the last year and I’m giving myself another year to get something sorted.

You don’t just make life decisions at the click of a finger!

This is the biggest decision Leroy will ever make in his life. He’ll be weighing up absolutely every scenario that could come from all four decisions he could make (have a full career at City; stay at City until the next contract comes to a year left when he’s, say 26; stay at City until his final year of this contract; or leave this Summer).

He, and his agent and family, will be thinking about all aspects of football from: “how long will Pep be at City?” “will City sustain their top side status when Pep goes?” “will the Premier League bubble burst?” “will any other league catch up to the Prem?” “is it even worth leaving the Prem?” “would Germany be the league to go to if I am to leave the Prem?” “do I like Manchester?” “do I like England?” “how much money will I earn from this next contract?” “when will I be able to negotiate again on the new contract?” “will I earn more elsewhere?” “will I play enough at City?” “will I play more elsewhere?” “what will I win at City?” “what will my status be at the club?” “will I win the Balon d’Or with City?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.