Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're asking questions we're not privy to, it could have been a plethora of reasons. The club clearly knew about Sane's desire to move back to Germany last summer if the ITK's are to be believed on here and we were happy to sell him before the injury. Before that who knows, maybe he did tell the club but it was kept quiet because we were still confident in persuading him to stay, maybe his desires 2 years ago weren't as strong as they are now. People's mind change constantly, just look in the transfer forum, every day the same half dozen posters tell us of the next 55 players we have to sign who are completely different to the ones they posted two days earlier. That's life, everyone's got a right to change their minds and opinions.

Yeah maybe.

Looks like he's done a Milner to me.

i do wonder with our very desperate need to a centre half at least whether you might be right - if Sane leaves then we would probably have to replace him in some form - which is an added cost. He stays we cn then focus our money on a centre half - we would have to pay more to replace SAne than we will get for him as well so even if we sold him we would be out of pocket by replacing him.
We would but if City are so adamant that there is nothing to fear from FFP then what is there to be concerned about?

Yeah maybe.

Looks like he's done a Milner to me.
Sane was willing to go last summer and again this summer, I don't see how it's comparable. Milner purposefully run down his contract from what the ITK's tell us. Sane seemingly would walk to Bayern carrying his boots under his arm if we accepted a bid, so it's not his choice to run down his contract. If we don't accept a bid what choice has he got if he wants to go.

Any decent swap deal may be the answer. How about stop lobbying UEFA swap for Leroy. Hoeness lives for corruption.

Based on the posts here it seems unlikely, but I wouldn't complain if he saw out his contract and actually played for us.
That isn't going to happen though. No top manager allows a player to dictate his terms of play or tactics employed and will pick his teams according to what can be expected from the opposition. Every top manager, of which Pep is one, will do just that. The moment a manager allows a player to dictate team selection no matter how delicate that might be, then he's finished.

We would but if City are so adamant that there is nothing to fear from FFP then what is there to be concerned about?

We still have to comply with FFP but then there is the ammoritisation part which makes a difference as well I think (I really dont get it tbh so I have no clue on football finance)

Why rightly so? He played a critical part in the 2017/18 title and some key games in 2018/19 (most notably the home win vs scousers).
I think Bernardo and Sterling were both Superior players and rightly deserved to start ahead of him

Couldn’t have written it better myself. However, that said, because of exactly what you’ve written imo being true, I can’t see any way whatsoever that a fee won’t get agreed, it’s just the usual bullshit posturing ahead of the window opening, it’ll get done.
The less he plays the more work he needs to get fit, remember he hasn't played competitive for nearly 12 months, Bayern are about to make Sane one of the highest paid players in Europe nevermind Germany.

They know he needs to be playing & Leroy knows he should be playing but Pep cant give a fuck

Unless things suit City either money or say Alaba then dont be surprised this goes to the last day of the window

Yes. He’s a moron who is sacrificing years of a short career for a move home. He maybe “getting what he wants” but the cost to him will be bigger than he or clearly you realise.
Only time will determine that. Many said the same about Sancho and his stupid decision to leave the best manager in the world. Time has proven him right and those who doubted him wrong.

Only time will determine if Sane is right or wrong. He might very well get to Bayern and they too start to think he is inconsistent, even if amazing when he's on his game. And them do to him there what he was unhappy about here... I.e being a role player.

He equally could decide to sign long time here and still never reach his potential. There are no right answers. Either decision could turn out great or disastrous. So the best advice us to do what makes you happy. If going back is what presently makes him happy... Good luck to him. We'll get others who'd be as good or better.

I'm not worried. But clearly neither is he and that doesn't make him stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.