Deal Or No Deal.

Just a quick update on our freesat dilemma.It's was never my intention to be repetitive so if easily borefended look away now.
I contacted Chris from LG support and we covered the ground already covered yesterday.
The channels are there to see but when you clik on them no signal is received.
We tried retuning under astra 19.2 but all we got was some freeview channels.
Reverted back to 28.2 Astra and again all are visable but non accessable.
Mr Blue suggested the p button which the technition also suggested but this only scans through the channels
He spent an hour with us and is ringing back shortly.A strange connundrum for sure.
When push comes to shove the answer will be a Humax freesat recorder box and just bite down on the the bullet.
Even if we get the E6 to accept the channels we would still have to purchase an HD drive to record so savings would be negligable.

Weird one for sure matey. Perhaps LG will parachute the latest incarnation and add a couple of screen inches for good measure. (seriously if its a dicky tuner get it swapped pal, with your arial situation you never know when you may need to rough it on freesat.

Weird one for sure matey. Perhaps LG will parachute the latest incarnation and add a couple of screen inches for good measure. (seriously if its a dicky tuner get it swapped pal, with your arial situation you never know when you may need to rough it on freesat.

He did intimate that this model may not geared up for freesat and that is why the freesat icon was hidden away in the tv guide at the bottom of the screen menus.Doesn't sit right so I will query the possibility of a tuner fault.

He did intimate that this model may not geared up for freesat and that is why the freesat icon was hidden away in the tv guide at the bottom of the screen menus.Doesn't sit right so I will query the possibility of a tuner fault.

Sounds like reason for a replacement if ever i have heard one. *cough "If it has a terrestrial satalite reciever you should recieve terrestrial satelite ch's"

Sounds like reason for a replacement if ever i have heard one. *cough "If it has a terrestrial satalite reciever you should recieve terrestrial satelite ch's"

Escalated it to resolutions team and further appraisal from head techies ; )
Thanks again for everyones assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from the original WoWcher offer.
Our Daughter just visited the Chadderton branch of Costco today and all was good.
In addition they are offering a free £20 voucher to spend on line immediatly with no strings attached .

So to conclude Its £33 for dual membership for a year.
You can also add 2 associate members for free so that four peeps for £33
The chocolate funge cake is absolutely massive and of catering size.
The chicken is very big plucked and ready for you to oven roast.
The batteries all 48 AAA are as described.
The £14.00 was available to spend immediatly.

So now the mathematics....
Initial £33 outlay -fudge cake circa £7 -chicken circa £7 -batteries circa £12 -£14 free voucher -£20 online free voucher = £60.

Running balance £27 in profit and free membership for 4 people for a year.

Last edited:
People need deals and deals need people and what I have found today will astound all manner of logic. All that is required with this offing is a flexibity, an inlking of spontanuity and a desire to explore outside of your immediate bubble. A post christmas deal to revive of the senses and sooth the savage mind. Christmas can be very stressful with the intense worry of the turkey, tinsel and seating arrangements so do take this wonderful oppertunity to find your inner self with a nice trip to Malta George Cross

The Governor.Malta

To honour her brave people I award the George Cross to the Island Fortress of Malta to bear witness to a heroism and devotion that will long be famous in history.
George R.I. April 15th 1942

Lieutenant-General Sir William Dobbie answered:
By God's help Malta will not weaken but will endure until victory is won.

An incredible acheivement under duress from the mighte of the german Luftwaffe as Malta and it's people stood steadfast. The medal can be see in valetta and god speed those brave people.

Now many years later you and a loved one can travel throughout January to bear witness to their strenghth and fortitude for only £33.98 return with 10k hand luggage allowance included.

gbvVv7t.jpg

Travelling by Ryanair the legends of the Emerald isles from Yorkshires Leeds Bradford.
Accomodation is not included but is available for pennies.
Flight times are superlative with an early morning out and a dinner time back.
So many of these deals offer sadsac miserable timings but not this one !

From Leeds
Depart: 7, 10, 21, 24, 28 January
Return: 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31 January

Price include all pre-payable taxes and charges and a choice of four other airports.

Last edited:
We just got an inceredible deal with compare the Meercat.com. We were buying new gas and electric and eventually decided to go with Quidco for a £40 cash back using British gas boiler-care 2019. So we never got the free films and free meals off the Meercat offer. Any way I was perusing Martins money site and saw that even if you spent a little you could still have the brilliant deal.

I went on and insured the wife for a days holiday tomorrow anywhere in England with EDV for £1.01.This then qualified me for the deal. I can now experience buy one get one free films at the cinema for 12 months on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Also I can enjoy a meal from a la carte menus country wide and get one completely free. This includes starters main course and pudding. Choose from Indians English pizza and Franky and Benny's.You do not have to show yourself up by having to say we are eating under Meerkat discount rules as you just subtly show your phone and membership to the waiter. Meals are available Sunday to Thursday and it works as we had Frankies today with no problems. Buy one get one free so what you all waiting for. Spend as little as a pound Right Now and get the deal.

Last edited:
I just typed in dealtime in case a thread was already up and running and this came up.Not seen the lad around for a while so hope he's well and good to post another deal another day.We just got an inceredible deal with compare the Meercat.com.We were buying new gas and electric and eventually decided to go with Quidco for a £40 cash back using British gas boiler-care 2019.So we never got the free films and free meals off the Meercat offer.Any way I was perusing Martins money site and saw that even if you spent a little you could still have the brilliant deal.

I went on and insured the wife for a days holiday tomorrow anywhere in England with EDV for £1.01.This then qualified me for the deal.I can now experience buy one get one free films at the cinema for 12 moths on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Also I can enjoy a meal from a la crate menus country wide and get one completely free.This includes starters main course and pudding. Choose from indsians english pizza but frankly and bennys and loads of places.You do not have to show yourself up by having to say we are eating under meerkat discount rulez as you just subtly show your phone and membership to the waiter.Meals are available Sunday to Thursday and it works as we has Frankies today and no problems.Buy one get one free so what you all waiting for.Spend as little a s a pound Right Now and get the deal.If we work togethe we survive !

As an addenrum if she dies tommoz we get £10000 or accidentally loses an eye a didgit or a limb tomorow we get £10,000 so thats £40,000 for fore eyes or legs and then I could also get her on PIP and be her carer and not have to turn out for work myself.And we get baggage cover too for 24 hours and missed departure even though we are not going anywhere.Crack on and grab it whilst the deal is hot
There's something about telling a restaurant up front that I'm only going to pay them half the amount that I really find off-putting.

Can't think what it is.

PS It's a pity Taxi doesn't post anymore.

There's something about telling a restaurant up front that I'm only going to pay them half the amount that I really find off-putting.

Can't think what it is.

PS It's a pity Taxi doesn't post anymore.

Hasn't he just changed his user-name ? Saw something the other day and thought "that's Taxi ! " and I'm sure he confirmed it. I'll see if I can find it.

Two Gun Bob ? If it isn't Taxi, he writes like him.

Last edited:
Hasn't he just changed his user-name ? Saw something the other day and thought "that's Taxi ! " and I'm sure he confirmed it. I'll see if I can find it.

Two Gun Bob ? If it isn't Taxi, he writes like him.
There's a few others I have suspicions of recent name changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.