Dealing with teenage kids!

W W

worsleyweb

Not bloody easy is it!

my lad had gone from cute best friend to teenager locked in his room and one word answers in the space of about 3 months.

kids - who would have them?

can’t work out who is more challenging teenage girls or teenage boys? When do they become nice again?

Not bloody easy is it!

my lad had gone from cute best friend to teenager locked in his room and one word answers in the space of about 3 months.

can’t work out who is more challenging teenage girls or teenage boys? When do they become nice again?
Teenage girls 100% the worst. And don't worry, they definitely get better when they move out.

Not bloody easy is it!

Don't take it personally, the lad probably thinks he's invented wanking. Try turning the broadband off - he'll soon appear.

Not bloody easy is it!

You just have to do your best to keep them out of bother, and be there for them if they need you.

It doesn't mean you should bend to their every whim though. You have to be prepared to say no even if it means they think you're a c*nt, because if you get it right they'll thank you for it down the line.

Be nice to them, dont nag them, they will hate you for it and it will achieve nothing....ask them nicely if they could switch things off when they go out. Shower them in kindness.
My boys became nice again at different ages so there's no set age, different personalities.

Ive never had a daughter so cant comment on the spoilt princess types...

Tell him to buck his ideas up or its a season ticket for the theatre of shite for xmas

Pick your battles and remember when you were that age. Today’s battles might be different, but your teenage feelings about them are probably exactly the same.

Set basic ground rules, stick to them, but be willing to be flexible when the other stuff pops up.

The daughter was more difficult, but maybe that’s because I am a Dad?!

Not bloody easy is it!

With teenage boys, you only have to worry about one little prick….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.