Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually think we've played a very clever tactic to get Arsenal to pay way more than the actual valuation for Rice. Happens all the time in businesses.

Don't actually think we were genuinely interested in Rice. I dont see what he brings to us or how he'd fit in with Rodri and Phillips already here. I agree with Aluko.
I don’t get how it’s a clever tac tic when it clearly hasn’t affected arsenals transfer window… Havertz for £65m. Timber for £45m. Rice for £100m.

Arsenal singing Rice and Havertz for £170m has made their net spend over the last 5 years tip over £570m. That's more than Chelsea and United over the same period. Any mention of this in the media?

How are they getting past FFP with no previous CL football
“invisible “ literally.

£167 million seems like an awful lot for Havertz and Rice. Maybe it will pay off, but that is 4-5 pretty good players if you do your research and scouting well.
Sometimes you have to do it, we can hardly complain about people spending alot of money. This is the equivalent of rodri and grealish about 160m ? They are hoping that they will get the same result we got from the investment.

City are a serious business and run efficiently. They do not go around making spurious bids to bump up the price.

Our bid was higher in upfront fee, more achievable add ons and with a payment schedule more to WH liking.

Arsenal could have easily walked away and then what? Leaving us to pay £90m for a player we only bid on for kicks and giggles?

Sometimes things are just what they seem. We wanted Rice. We valued him at £90m. The end.
Sense. Wish others would take note of this post.

Don't be daft. Nobody puts an offer on the table 'for a laugh' or just to bump up the price. Aluko is thick as shit and no doubt thought she was being clever.

City wanted Rice for £90m, no more than that. Arsenal offered £105m. West Ham haven't accepted that yet, probably due to unacceptable terms.

As I see it, it is possible that City's offer, although £15m lower, has terms that are more favourable to West Ham.

The ball is obviously in Arsenal's court, but they're fannying about like an old dear paying with 5p coins at a checkout.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that we're not actually out of the game yet.
I agree in part, but it has been accepted no? I think the deal is all but done, pending medical etc. We move on and bid £100m for Kimmich.. or less than that, Barella. Either way, we can watch on with interest, speculate on here etc, all the while knowing that we have the best people on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.