Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s apparently knocked back interest from Newcastle to stay and fight for a place
Injury hampered his integration & he did himself no favours with Pep returning from the World Cup overweight
Unless he is told he is surplus to requirements I think it likely he gets a second season to prove his worth. In fairness he won’t be the first to struggle in their first season with getting his head around Pep ball
I think most of us would like to see him do well seems a decent sort & is clearly popular in the squad

If he does want to stay and fight for his place, that’s to his credit. I thought he was excellent before last season but if you keep him and buy Kovacic (plus you’ve got Rodri) why would you go for Rice?

If he does want to stay and fight for his place, that’s to his credit. I thought he was excellent before last season but if you keep him and buy Kovacic (plus you’ve got Rodri) why would you go for Rice?
Because Rice is good, young, Association trained & can play as an 8, 6 or CB therefore adding quality strength in depth?

Can’t you give some of us a chance?
Nope! I guessed that's why you sounded desperate for us to leave Rice alone! Never give a sucker an even break I say! Lol :-)

Also, in a recent interview, Allardyce & Sherwood were asked where they saw Rice moving to?

Sherwood - Arsenal
Allardyce - City

When asked if he's heard anything, Allardyce looked down & just gave a smile & said "With someone going the other way". Philips...

From the reports & opinions I've heard, personally I think Arsenal are favourites because he's a London boy with a young family, so the only thing that would change for him is his employers.

We'll all find out soon enough after tonight I expect...

He arrived injured following an injury ravaged season, then he dislocated his shoulder so has barely played, but is still a double winner.

Out of interest, how do you as an outsider view Philips' first season at the Etihad & his future at City?

I think he’ll stay. I’m sure he wants to make a go of it at City after a disappointing first season. Grealish had a quiet first season at City and look at him now. As for Phillips’ first season, I can’t say I have much of a view. He hardly played.

Nope! I guessed that's why you sounded desperate for us to leave Rice alone! Never give a sucker an even break I say! Lol :-)

Also, in a recent interview, Allardyce & Sherwood were asked where they saw Rice moving to?

Sherwood - Arsenal
Allardyce - City

When asked if he's heard anything, Allardyce just gave a smile. From the reports & opinions I've heard, personally I think Arsenal are favourites because he's a London boy with a young family, so the only thing that would change for him is his employers.

We'll all find out soon enough after tonight I expect...

I think it’ll come down to money. City can outbid us if they want and if they really wanted him, you’d probably get him.

I think it’ll come down to money. City can outbid us if they want and if they really wanted him, you’d probably get him.
City don't bid. We have our valuations with possibly a £5m - £10m wriggle room.

If the selling club try to rinse us, & the player doesn't show he wants City above all others (Mahrez, Grealish etc), we'll move on to other targets. It's the City way... \0/

I think he’ll stay. I’m sure he wants to make a go of it at City after a disappointing first season. Grealish had a quiet first season at City and look at him now. As for Phillips’ first season, I can’t say I have much of a view. He hardly played.
Philips has stated several times he wants to remain & prove himself. Grealish, Rodri, Stones, Zinchenko & others had similar problems.

Philips has said our squad has told him the same & to have faith in his ability. He's won the PL & FA Cup which are powerful reasons for him to want to remain & fight for his place.

Philips is no Rodri, but again who is? Kalvin was brough here more of a Fernandinho replacement anyway, so hopefully with a full injury free pre-season & a year of Pep-Ball under his belt, he'll start to show the promise we all know he possesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.