Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could have a very high ceiling, and I definitely think he's better in the 2 man DM role for England than Phillips (despite being a more technically limited player).

I'm not sure he's a real fit for City under Pep. Not good enough with the ball.

Second half against Germany he was excellent. Take him in a heartbeat. Think he is Chelsea bound tho with his best buddy Mount. Cockney Basmati.

I think rice is massively overrated based solely on his england performances. He looked slow and lumbering and more importantly...clumsy. He could have been sent off in the first couple of minutes a couple of games back for a stupid tackle.

For the sums being banded about they must be having a laugh.

Last edited:
Phillips 'n Rice are doing exactly what Southgate want them to do, and doing it rather effectively, but how that translates into a team like ours I wouldn't know, but I suspect that it might prove disappointing. If they are meant to be Ferny's permanent replacement they both have some way to go - and they will be surprised, nay, astonished at the number of cards they keep getting!
Between the two of them they are managing to do the job of one man in our set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.