Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though he will make a fairly reasonable post and half the board gets wildly offended and calls him a **** and says fuck off for no reason. Certain City fans have become hyper sensitive with success. It's gotten so opposition fans can't even come on here and offer a perspective, makes the board a poorer place.
Fuck em, City fans have no need to cozy up to these cartel club fans.

Others may look at it differently, but for me a youngish player choosing to join a team that hasn't won the league in 20 odd years over a team that is nearlt always in the shake up for the CL & PL, who don't have a great manager (just a promising one who learnt everything from the manager of the team that you turned down), where both teams play in the same league and are 200 miles from each other, lacks ambition.

There is absolutely zero guarantee that Arsenal will progress and that last season wasnt a flash in the pan (remember that Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs all had nightmares), so he may as well stay at West Ham if he isnt going to back himself to be able to be part of a team that guarantees medals (3 times CL semis in 3 years, 5 PL titles in 6).

Plus, Pep has a marvellous track record for improving players (can't say the same for Arteta so far).

I think only a die hard Arsenal fan would disagree with this. Yes he has maybe chosen the family factor if he wants to stay in London and that is fair, it's different priorities for different people. But if you really want to maximize your football talent then playing for City under Guardiola is the only place to be.

Fuck em, City fans have no need to cozy up to these cartel club fans.
Totally agree, if I wanted to listen to Arsenal fans, dippers or red scum I would go on their sites, but I don't, I only give a fuck about what city fans think, so for me all the cartel scum bag fans can do one

There‘s very little evidence that our fans were celebrating back in March. We‘ve had too many occasions in the past when early hopes were subsequently dashed. If you look at my posts all season, you will see I was always clear a title win was unlikely given the relative weakness of our squad and the over dependence on key players who if injured we couldn’t cover for. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your prejudice, eh?

Below is my post from October last year in the Arsenal thread:

You’re right to point to our lack of depth and the over dependence on key players who if missing through injury would badly impact our performances and that is why the league in reality is highly unlikely. I suspect we might have a better prospect therefore with the Europa League but even that is difficult. Our goal is top 4. Anything else is a bonus. Were we unable again to secure champions league football, the season would be seen as a failure.

I need say no more.
You clearly don’t watch AFTV then lol

Tricky subject to get into, really. Is Real's history all those European Cups or is it being bankrolled by a fascist dictator? For Arsenal, is it those titles in the 30's, or the wonderful football they initially played under Wenger or is it how they got back into the league controversially or George Graham's dodgy deals or them taking 'oil money' for sponsorship a long time before we did?

If history is based on when things were done i.e. the older the better the does it mean we should want the best players to go to the teams who used to win stuff, not just the ones who've recently won stuff? If so, should Rice go to Arsenal, or should he choose say Preston or Blackburn. Or should he even choose City, since we won a cup a generation before Arsenal did?

All becomes very confusing if you want to discuss history...

History? When were Arsenal Champions of Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.