Dedryk Boyata

greasedupdeafguy said:
Blue Haze said:
I remember when he played against Chelsea. Think it was the home 1-0 game and he hit Drogba so hard he fell over. Thought he would develop, shame.

Eredivisie is not a difficult league to distinguish yourself as a defender.
He was brilliant at RB that game

Yep. He was fantastic in that game. I thought he would be the net big thing to break out of the academy. That red card against Arsenal seems to have had a major effect on his career.

Damocles said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
how has this happened? he was so good when he broke through!

Some players peak early, mainly due to their attitude.

"Any player at all who says things like "it's too difficult for me to break through/get in the team" is almost certainly never going to make it at the top level. I don't recall Messi whinging that Ronaldinho was in front of him; he just got his hard down and worked his bollocks off.

It's actually a problem with the entireity of the Academy system now. Players who are young and get a run out suddenyl think that they've "made it" and don't work as hard, the list is almost endless of the guys who peaked way too early because they stopped working.

This is also why I think that Devante Cole isn't going to make it either. He always blames other people like the manager or the transfer spending for him having little opportunity. In reality, the blame falls on the player who wants to go hang around with their mates or impress girls by saying how they're a footballer.

Obviously, this isn't fair. Young lads should be allowed time away from the football bubble, but it is what it is. This is an elite athletic and technical discipline where players are competing against millions of potential footballers from all around the world. You can't just turn up, work hard in training and think that you'll develop just by inclusion. The best players who generally break through young are the guys who go the extra mile either in training, in the gym or specifically in their own free time. Whilst some of our lads are pissing about in the Trafford Centre whilst City are playing, the ones who will break through are watching every single game, watching the guy playing in their position and working out how they can perform to that level, how they can make the correct decisions. They are eating right every day, working those extra hours after training has finished.

As Balotelli has shown, you can have all of the natural talent in the world but without drive , personal responsibility and a desire to be the best it's useless.

Boyata's problem was always in his head, just as Nedum's was. Hopefully Guidetti has calmed down a bit but was like this was he was younger. The only person who is to blame for Dedryck Boyata not getting first team appearances is Dedryck Boyata.

Bang on. So much in sport depends on attitude and mental strength. I doubt either can be taught.

Transfermarkt has his value as £1.8million, I suggest we sell before it drops more. Don't understand what has happened to Dedryk, was a high-end prospect but has just regressed badly.

He wasn't awful at Bolton I thought and it was more the shite around him that made him look bad.

Perhaps he just has no motivation at FC Twente.

If we can sell him then we should let him leave with a few clauses or maybe loan him out again and just see if he really is as bad as it seems he has been at Twente.

Boyata was better when he broke into the team than both Savic or Nastasic.

Shame we didn't stick with him. Hope he still has a future here.

Also hope Lescott gets a run now, we look better both as a team generally and defensively with him over Nastasic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.