Deep lying playmaker

MANCIO4EVER said:
zoffie said:
Hernanes...

Brazilian, but, very hardworking, both footed, skillful, a goal threat, plays DM, CM, and AM, great long shot, runs with the ball passes well with both feet, spreads the ball, Milan, Barca and Real have been trying for him.

agreed. that would be a good option.
let's go straight to 4th place..........masive importance!

Hernanes might not cut it in the Premiership. He could be Lucas all over again. I agree that it is the right type of player we need, but don't know if Hernanes is the one for us. Might worth a try though, but Hernanes was quite disappointing in 2009.

Hernanes won't be as much money, as he was before and there aren't many players of his type, he is young and would provide a resale value so risk is limited especially as his wages won't be out of this world.

Defour is another player that might interest you, he is that type of player, and then you have Cigarini, but you have to understand buying a player like this who is on top of his game is going to be difficult, there aren't many Regista's in the world and those that are at the top of their game are already at the big clubs or unproven.

The move for Veron was a smart one for Mancini, as a Chelsea fan I wasn't disappointed with Veron, but, the media wouldn't let him be, that shows us that Mancini is thinking along the same lines, and lets face it, all Italians have that, Regista, Fantasista, Prima punta, etc.. etc.. attitude.

When you look at the best passing midfielders in the world most of them are now Spanish, and so maybe, Ignacio Camacho might be an option.

What would be really smart, but more looking towards the future would be to take Thiago Alcantara from Barca, his contract is running out, and Barca fear losing him, he is their future and the type of imagination and craft you are lacking in midfield.

GStar said:
Don't think we need a deep lying playmaker, thats a bit specific of a role anyway.

We have De Jong who breaks plays and passes the ball on. Much rather have Ireland/the creater further up the pitch to create where it matters.

I love Nigel and won't ever trade him for nothing, but he is just a defensive midfielder: he breaks, runs miles and few more.
We need someone who is able to dictate pace, rythm and, mostly, to head up, watch the mates on the field and pass, 30 yards long when needed. All the greatest sides I saw along last 30 years had this role featured.

A deep lying playmaker/regista is definitely needed, especially to dominate Europe. One who can pick a pass anywhere across the pitch, switch play, quick touch and pass. It will just shift the flow of the game, and maintain tempo. A definite must for any team with Title and European aspirations, the most successful teams all have a quality regista in the ranks. Regista can be a deep lying one like Alonso, Pirlo, Carrick, or a more forward one like Cesc, Xavi.

This guy must be the definition of 'regista' then. ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOH4M_60NlQ[/youtube]

gelly said:
A deep lying playmaker/regista is definitely needed, especially to dominate Europe. One who can pick a pass anywhere across the pitch, switch play, quick touch and pass. It will just shift the flow of the game, and maintain tempo. A definite must for any team with Title and European aspirations, the most successful teams all have a quality regista in the ranks. Regista can be a deep lying one like Alonso, Pirlo, Carrick, or a more forward one like Cesc, Xavi.

That's exactly the meaning difference between being an mother tongue Englishman and an Italian apprentice.... :-)
Thanks, Pal: that's exactly what I was unable to properly explicate. And finally I learnt how to turn regista in proper english, too.

If you're looking for a guy to lie deep, one touch and switch it, then i think Barry's already very capable.

With Ireland injured and a switch to 442 or with Zab/DeJong/Barry in midfield he's been out of place and performing poorly.

Put the midfield back to DeJong/Barry/Ireland and he'll paly that role well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.