Defeat I can accept but a lack of effort not.

Bentheblue said:
Before Dismal Dave and Billy Sneers raise their heads I was not an Mancini "inner" but I do think we should get behind whoever the incumbent manager is, all the intense decisiveness is not good for the club.

I agree the decisive way in which you've just sneered at me and Dave is unnecessary and not good for the club at all!

I'm sure there are hundreds of this type of thread on any teams forum after a defeat. The effort was there, shame the marking at the corners wasn't. Bring on Hull Tigresses.

I didn't see a lack of effort, just a couple of defensive mistakes by one of our best players. We will still win the league this year so it can't hurt to get a rocket up the arse so soon in the season. Chelsea looked like the same boring 1-0 bag of shite that they were the last time big mouth was there, and the scum looked like everton with the added skill of the fat **** that wants out.

Barcon said:
I didn't see a lack of effort, just a couple of defensive mistakes by one of our best players. We will still win the league this year so it can't hurt to get a rocket up the arse so soon in the season. Chelsea looked like the same boring 1-0 bag of shite that they were the last time big mouth was there, and the scum looked like everton with the added skill of the fat **** that wants out.

I agree, but I think we do have certain players who want to play at a certain pace, which ends up making all our attacking flair void. These players need a good kick up the arse and then I'd expect us to really see the real potential of this side. How sad would it be to never see the likes of Silva, Kun and Navas in full tilt.

wouldn't say the players were lazy, but they were arrogant and 100% deserved to get beat

When you have 70 plus% of the ball, you must get shots on target

Marvin said:
wouldn't say the players were lazy, but they were arrogant and 100% deserved to get beat

Easier said than done Mar, when certain players hold the ball up so long the oppositions defence can have a light brunch before getting organised.

Marvin said:
No. When you have 70% of the ball you SHOULD get shots on target. We often have an incredible amount of possession but we don't always have it in dangerous areas.
About a year ago someone published a table showing the top ten amounts of possession in CL where the teams enjoying that possession had lost. Barcelona were in there four times. We too were in the list with the 70% possession that meant bugger all as we lost 2-1 in Naples.
The team that won the league last season have never been bothered about possession. That may be why they don't have such a great CL record, but they've done OK in the Prem.

Mrmcfc said:
Tactics are the problem imo
we have far too much possession.
the opposition have no choice but to sit deep and defend as they have no opportunity to get forward.

Instead of keeping possession at all costs we should be taking more risks by putting balls into the box, be that over the top or from the wings. Giving the opposition more possession let's them push up, leaving space between the lines for Silva and space in behind for navas and aguero.

This really is a case of there being too much of a good thing.
I agree, I've long wanted us to try to counter parked busses by sitting deep, inviting pressure and countering ourselves.

East Level 2 said:
Marvin said:
No. When you have 70% of the ball you SHOULD get shots on target. We often have an incredible amount of possession but we don't always have it in dangerous areas.
About a year ago someone published a table showing the top ten amounts of possession in CL where the teams enjoying that possession had lost. Barcelona were in there four times. We too were in the list with the 70% possession that meant bugger all as we lost 2-1 in Naples.
The team that won the league last season have never been bothered about possession. That may be why they don't have such a great CL record, but they've done OK in the Prem.

Right. They are quick to move the ball forward, and quick to move it into the box. So the question for us is . . . do you risk giving up possession of the ball to Cardiff by taking more speculative shots from less dangerous areas? In my mind, yes, especially with Negredo! That's his reason for being. If enough of these shots ARE on target, that defence is going to have to unpack to stop them.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
If enough of these shots ARE on target, that defence is going to have to unpack to stop them.
And the defence is also going to have to work if we get some balls into the box. Cardiff's defence just sat back and admired our pretty passing for much of Sunday. Work the defence and they'll make mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.