Defender?

yatesy94

Ok in the summer we NEED a new Central Defender to partner Kompany at the back.

Who would you get??

I'd personally get Raul Albiol from Valencia. Valencia are struggling due to financial reasons, if we came in with a £15Million bid i'm sure they'd accept immediately, i've heard great things about him and watched him closely at the EUROS, he only played a couple of games but he did brilliantly. Liverpool, Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested so you can gather hes good player.
We've also been linked with Luisao from Benfica recently. Now he also interests me. At a massive 6ft 5in and 30 caps for Brazil he sounds like the real deal. I have to admit i've not seen him in action but looking at his stats for Benfica hes someone i'd be pleased to have at my club.

as much as most of us would love to see vince back in his natural position, and us playing 4-4-2 etc etc, i have a feeling we'll end up still playing vince and de jong as 2 dm's in the current 4-2-3-1, keeping dunne and maybe a new centre half.

not liking it at all, but i just have a feeling

dunne will not be playing for us next year mate lol.

it will be onouha and a new signing me thinks, anyone from the likes of bruno alves, chiellini, luiaso, albiol will do for me.

manchestermooner said:
Ok in the summer we NEED a new Central Defender to partner Kompany at the back.

Who would you get??

I'd personally get Raul Albiol from Valencia. Valencia are struggling due to financial reasons, if we came in with a £15Million bid i'm sure they'd accept immediately, i've heard great things about him and watched him closely at the EUROS, he only played a couple of games but he did brilliantly. Liverpool, Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested so you can gather hes good player.
We've also been linked with Luisao from Benfica recently. Now he also interests me. At a massive 6ft 5in and 30 caps for Brazil he sounds like the real deal. I have to admit i've not seen him in action but looking at his stats for Benfica hes someone i'd be pleased to have at my club.

Onouha/Richards would do it but we still need to buy one more. Dunne out or sub!

Brede Hagnelaand would do perfectly hes the main reason fulham are good at defending this season and is cheaper!

I could name a list of people here. This is my biggest concern this season as clean sheets have been hard to come by this season. I still believe Richards is our future and this season was rough for him, but with another year under his belt, next year he will break out. Bridge is ok for now, but I want to break the bank and bring in Zhirkov, who will also score goals. I think one of the biggest problems with our team is our size. No one on the team is big aside from Kompay and Dunne. Robbie, Ireland and de Jong us it wisely but everyone else is relatively soft which is not a good quality in the PL.

CB is the biggest problem as Dunne loves to boot the ball down field and gets beat a lot by faster players. Onouha is good but not the answer and would be better off of the bench or playing at RB with all of his speed. Tall CBs are the way to go nowadays and we have one of the best in the world playing out of position in Kompany. A list of players that we need to consider:

Luisao - Already said he was interested and would be easy to get him here.
Hagnelaand - Big bruiser with captains experience for his country.
Naldo - 6ft 4 who scores from time to time on set pieces and with his head. Can take a free kick as well.
Lescott - Could get him for relatively cheap if we let them keep Jo but I still think Jo has a tremendous future in the PL.
Onyewu - 6ft 4 big body who wins every ball in his area(think Vidic.) Got a bad rap at Newcastle in a year they finished 13th playing alongside lowly Titus Bramble. He is out of contract this year and would be a very cheap purchase with CL experience.

All of these options would be great for us and I think would give us the big body who isn't afraid of contact to go with Kompany on the back line. Sorry Dunne, but your time has come and gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.