Defensive Midfielder

Saw someone suggest that Timber could probably play there following his links, he's that good defensively and on the ball.
I don’t think he’s ever played DM and hard to imagine we would sign him for that. But as a replacement for one of our CBs, he could definitely come. I fear ETH could bring him or Gravenberch to United if he takes that job

I don’t think he’s ever played DM and hard to imagine we would sign him for that. But as a replacement for one of our CBs, he could definitely come. I fear ETH could bring him or Gravenberch to United if he takes that job
I dont think we've sign him for that, but hes played there and both FB roles. Wouldnt be suprised if he had the tools to slot in as a backup no problem.

Which leaves Bernardo Gundogan and Kevin and probably our LONG TERM 8 Grealish to fight for one starting spot?

No? I was suggesting that a young mobile dm would give us options. I don't know why anyone has taken what I said to mean a permanent change in set up and way of playing. I simply meant there will be instances in which Rodri and a new DM could play on the same pitch and there will be instances wherein Rodri sits on the bench and the new mobile DM plays.

What is it with peple posting online and only dealing in absolutes?

A young player that I have seen that probably would not cost too much, and is improving is Hugo Guillamón of Valencia, 22 years of age. A mainstay for Valencia this season playing mainly as DM, but has also started games as a CB.

Seems to have a gift for reading the game and being in the right place in defensive situations, able to clear opposition dangerous plays. Whether that be a headed clearance or interception.

Currently has 1 year left on his contract to date. Valencia will not want him to leave and he is seen as having the potential to be a future captain. Capped at every youth level for Spain and last year got his first senior cap. With so many Spanish speaking players and coaches at City, fitting in would not be a problem.

I’d take Kalvin Phillips. His absence for Leeds and their results without him highlight how good he can be. Got a bit of steel about him as well. I think he could be brilliant for us, maybe like rodders he lacks a bit of pace
Problem is...he lacks everything else to do with football in comparison to Rodders, the amount of bang average crap that people think Pep will turn into world class, is simply embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.