DeJong/Tevez/Advisors

chesterguy

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/220218/De-Jong-has-axe-to-grind-/

NIGEL DE JONG is on a collision course with Roberto Mancini following his axing at QPR last week.

The Dutch hardman was left stunned after being dropped from Mancini’s squad altogether for Manchester City’s 3-2 win at Loftus Road.

De Jong watched the game from the stands with a face like thunder and is planning showdown talks with Mancini when the squad reconvene after the international break.

To make matters worse De Jong has failed to agree a new contract at the Etihad Stadium, casting doubts over his long-term future.

Talks between the club and De Jong’s representatives started in the summer but both parties are no closer to an agreement.

The 26-year-old, who spent six weeks on the sidelines with a foot problem earlier in the season, was stunned at the QPR ‘snub’ after an impressive display three days earlier as the Blues beat Villarreal in Spain.

Coach David Platt admits the rotation policy gives Mancini a serious headache.

Platt said: “When you look at the way the squad is, we have had to leave players in the stand and it’s one of the most difficult decisions the manager has got.”

A row with De Jong is the last thing Mancini needs in the wake of the latest controversy concerning rebel striker Carlos Tevez.

The Blues are still waiting to hear from Tevez following his decision to go AWOL to Argentina and expect him back at the club for showdown talks on Monday.

As I understand it Tevez and De Jong have the same advisor's and this story could not have come from speaking to the player as he is away with the Dutch national side. This has been spoon-fed to the media which clearly shows how the advisor's are trying to manipulate the media

De Jong is a good player but NOT indispensable he either is prepared to accept rotation or he he goes but the sooner Joorbachian and his cronies have no influence with players within this club the better

chesterguy said:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/220218/De-Jong-has-axe-to-grind-/

NIGEL DE JONG is on a collision course with Roberto Mancini following his axing at QPR last week.

The Dutch hardman was left stunned after being dropped from Mancini’s squad altogether for Manchester City’s 3-2 win at Loftus Road.

De Jong watched the game from the stands with a face like thunder and is planning showdown talks with Mancini when the squad reconvene after the international break.

To make matters worse De Jong has failed to agree a new contract at the Etihad Stadium, casting doubts over his long-term future.

Talks between the club and De Jong’s representatives started in the summer but both parties are no closer to an agreement.

The 26-year-old, who spent six weeks on the sidelines with a foot problem earlier in the season, was stunned at the QPR ‘snub’ after an impressive display three days earlier as the Blues beat Villarreal in Spain.

Coach David Platt admits the rotation policy gives Mancini a serious headache.

Platt said: “When you look at the way the squad is, we have had to leave players in the stand and it’s one of the most difficult decisions the manager has got.”

A row with De Jong is the last thing Mancini needs in the wake of the latest controversy concerning rebel striker Carlos Tevez.

The Blues are still waiting to hear from Tevez following his decision to go AWOL to Argentina and expect him back at the club for showdown talks on Monday.

As I understand it Tevez and De Jong have the same advisor's and this story could not have come from speaking to the player as he is away with the Dutch national side. This has been spoon-fed to the media which clearly shows how the advisor's are trying to manipulate the media

De Jong is a good player but NOT indispensable he either is prepared to accept rotation or he he goes but the sooner Joorbachian and his cronies have no influence with players within this club the better

I don't think it is a case of rotation with De Jong as he should have been on the bench and was the ideal person to bring on against QPR. I think he has basically been given an ultimatum, sign a new contract or be sold. Especially with rumours cropping up of signing a midfielder. As you said, he is certainly not irreplacable. It does make me a little bit sick that you get people that won't sign a contract that is probably one of the best in world football.

Its a long hard road to long-lasting success and part of that journey is ensuring that systems are in place to make the club(including the fans) and manager the most important pieces of the puzzle - not the players.

The Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Robinho, Nedum, and now de Jong issues are only doing one thing..
Strengthening the clubs position on and off the field.
Basically if you are a not a team player and are only "in it for yourself' you can go and join 'Arry at good old Spurs. You'll get 1 good season out of them and thats it.

The Tevez saga has galvanised the team and bobbys position, whoever you agree with - and thats a good thing.
De Jong will have that toad in his ear who has so many hidden agendas with our club, he's lost track himself.

so Nigel, Kia or City?

Its not a hard choice really.

I was not impressed when I found out that these advisors had somehow managed to convince DeJong to let them handle him, and for someone who reputedly to be very savvy in the buisness world this is very surprising, and its frustrating to see DeJong mindset that must have been turned with promise's of $$$$$$$$$$ to come......DeJong is a very good player but no one is bigger than the club, as a certain player is finding out, still this story seems to have just jumped out, seems like more stirrings and manipulations are afoot.........

Call me naive but I just don't see what benefit any player gains by using "the snake" in negotiations with City.

People will probably point to ££££'s but surely it's not that difficult to negotiate a decent deal with us when you are a top player in your particular position.

No other club is likely to offer the terms we do so it shouldn't take some slimy weasel to do your bidding for you.

I get the impression that NDJ must be happy to move on from us and maybe has a destination in his mind already, hope I'm wrong but if he doesn't ditch Kia and sign a deal soon then he'll be gone.

This idiot has read last nights evenin news and made up anothe non story

......with a face like thunder???? says fukin who?
put the word snub in speech marks this way it looks like someone has actually said this

Daily star.....tits on page three and tits writing back pages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.