Denayer & Rekik

higgi1p

I believe both are out on season long loans ? but does anybody know if either have a clause to be recalled early ?

If loan is season long, you usually can't recall. Also I don't think we need even them. Sagna can do a job at CB temporarily, especially against Sunderland when they just park the bus.

Not sure but a friend who is aCeltic season ticket holder thinks Denayer is very promising but still has a lot of rough edges and reckons Celtic may still keep him nextseason as he is not yet ready for the prem.

I think both players will be sold with a sell-on fee clause.

Not necessarily my opinion of their ability. Just a reflection of a growing trend.

Scaring Europe to Death said:

Not necessarily my opinion of their ability. Just a reflection of a growing trend.

I'd pretty much agree with this.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
Falastur said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:

Not a chance Denayer will be sold

Possibly, but we've all said the same about a number of other top talents and yet none of them have become first team players and most of them don't play for the club anymore. Maybe Denayer won't be sold right away, but unless we have some dramatic change of culture at the club - or perhaps, a title race where we are so far away from the competition that we can afford to play young players - then I just see the same pattern playing out over and over.

I've seen a few of Denayer's games for Celtic in the Europa League and he has looked very comfortable.

Now, I know that plays in the Scottish Premiership is not like playing in the Premier League - it has been said many times already - and the Europa League is nothing like the Champions' League, but the signs are very promising.

Centre-backs are known to mature later than most other positions and their careers tend to go on longer; Demichelis is a prime example.

So I am hopeful that we have a star in the making.

Falastur said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
Falastur said:
Not a chance Denayer will be sold

Possibly, but we've all said the same about a number of other top talents and yet none of them have become first team players and most of them don't play for the club anymore. Maybe Denayer won't be sold right away, but unless we have some dramatic change of culture at the club - or perhaps, a title race where we are so far away from the competition that we can afford to play young players - then I just see the same pattern playing out over and over.

I remember seeing Denayer in the Youth game at Plzen last season and he looked comfortably our best player at that level.

I've seen him for Celtic a couple of times and he's always played a fairly safe game without ever looking troubled.

As for this season, I was making a similar point after the Southampton game. Perhaps Plan B is to guarantee Champions League qualification and then try a few players at the top level when it's not a disaster if it fails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.