Denis Suárez, the boy with nice hair

WNRH said:
LoveCity said:
17-year-old midfielder has joined us according to Spanish sources for a steal at €1m (could rise to higher). Celta Vigo, where we got him from, have first option on a loan deal. I know it may belong on the transfer thread but as he's supposedly our player now he deserves his own thread here I think!

Rated as one of the best young players in Spain, we beat off Barca (and some say Chelsea) to his signature.

Hopefully one of many great young players to join our academy in the near future! It is one of the club's plans to produce great players instead of just buying them.

Denis-Suarez1.jpg

I don't get this comment, if it is one of the club's plans to produce great players instead of just buying them then why are we buying a youngster for £1m instead of producing him?

Most youth players are "taken" from other clubs. Micah, SWP, and Daniel Sturidge are recent examples. My understanding is that any money spent on youth players doesn't count in the FFP rules. If this is the case it's a fantastic policy. Plus like Fabregas at the Gooners he'll count as English for the various European competitions we'll hopefully be taking part in.

I got really excited about the prospect of Gai Assulin, so not going to build my hopes up in case he disappears off the face of the earth lol. Sounding deeeecent though

Looks like it's all but done - A Spanish friend of mine just posted this on Facebook <a class="postlink" href="http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/deportes/2011/05/20/0003_201105V20P42991.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/deportes/2 ... P42991.htm</a> and tagged me; reckons he's a diamond. His mate piped up who's a Celta fan, really not so happy about it.

Surely we're going to see a lot more of this with financial fair play...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.