Dentist Prices

My dentist
578a37530f621f4bbdadd6e41a9213cd.jpg
That’s the kind of prices for a filling I was expecting

Apologies if a thread already exists on this.

Haven’t needed treatment for some time but had a filling this afternoon and was charged £200 which caught me by surprise.

Is this consistent with your local dentist?
Dental work is supposed to be consistent in it's 3 band pricing structure now, but I suppose the size and work involved to fit a large filling, a really awkward one, or a silver or gold one, might just affect its banding price ..... as far as I'm aware a normal NHS filling should be within the £73 pricing band, but you'd probably have to factor in your check up and x-ray cost into your total cost too, if you had them.

I have taken a small dental plan out with 'Smile Assured' at £12.50 a month that gives me back up to £500 of cash for dental work done over a 12 monthly period ..... it's not much back, but it helps ... although obviously with the top band of dental treatment, if you had that done even just a couple of times in 12 monthly period, it could surpass that amount ..... you can buy dearer dental plans than mine, which give you more cover, but you'll pay more for them.

Remember that the TOP NHS dental pricing band is about £320 now ..... a check up's just cost me £26-50.

Private work though will always cost more, even for just a decent quality filling ... and especially if you want top quality materials used ..... I had two front porcelain crowns fitted privately sometime back in the early-mid 1980s, and they cost me around £500 then, around 40 years ago ..... whenever you see those nasty little words .. 'prices start from' .. attached to a private dentists price list, start to worry!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.