Derby preview: United's strengths & weaknesses revealed

They all have to stand up and be counted on Monday night,don't think anyone can afford to have a bad game,United's usual big game players,Rooney,Ferdinand,Evra,Scholes will be right up for this one,and I'm convinced both teams will score on Monday night,i really do see Johnny Evans as the weak link though,ok him and Rio ferdinand have been defending well of late,but they haven't been up against an attacking combination like Augero,Tevez,Silva,and Nasri.It will be tight,but i really do believe we can win it,and I'm usually negative before Derby games!

Great blog,

One would hope that someone at City will draw it to Mancini's attention to this piece just in case his scouts have missed some of it.

Come On City

Damocles, your blogs have become the best part of Bluemoon instantly. I have no idea where you get the time to study the matches in so much detail, as I assume this is what you do, if not then you're incredibly quick on the uptake, but I'm glad you do as the articles are very informative and very well written.

I've noticed myself looking out for situations that you've described in previous blogs in our recent matches and the situations were always there, I just never really appreciated them for what they were.

Apart from the 1-6 derby humiliation,two other teams have played them off the park in the past 12 Months,and both have done this with short intricate passing leaving the chasing shadows.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it :-)

As far as getting a review together is concerned, I usually watch the match live to get an initial impression but most of it comes from watching it a second time. When I have a spare couple of hours, I have a watch of the replay and pause to jot down a note or two but most of it is done in action. The exception to this is if I feel something changed over the course of a few minutes, and Ill rewind to confirm.
The writing is all done in one hit, straight from my head. I refer to the notes as away of jogging my memory but what you read is what I've written straight into a PM to Ric. I generally know what I'm going to say as I'm watching it a second time. During the live match, I want to enjoy it as a fan so don't really pay too much attention to analysing.

There are some bits and pieces which I miss out because I'm still unsure of but I'm hoping to write some blogs post season about a variety of things, so they can go in there.

colourmeblue said:
I already stated the rags are so regimented in their approach and this is exactly why I believe why we should start Balotelli in this game. His unpredictability scares the shit out of them.

I really don't trust him,but from the bench........

colourmeblue said:
I already stated the rags are so regimented in their approach and this is exactly why I believe why we should start Balotelli in this game. His unpredictability scares the shit out of them.

I wouldn't start him but i would bring him on at some point depending on how the game goes. He knows he has some making up to do and he loves upsetting the rags. If we're 2-0 up at 70 mins I would bring him on.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
colourmeblue said:

I wouldn't start him but i would bring him on at some point depending on how the game goes. He knows he has some making up to do and he loves upsetting the rags. If we're 2-0 up at 70 mins I would bring him on.
I hear what youre saying but to me this defeats the purpose. I would like to see him destabilise them early on. I know its a risk but the potential rewards are huge imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.