Derby Security

Amigo

After shambolic treatment (in my opinion) towards city fans during both legs of the Carling Cup Semi-Final derbies, what will the police be like this time?

The first match was awful, police had no control over either sets of fans, and united fans were allowed to walk out, and many walked past the family stand area causing trouble. Yes the city fans did give it out but as a season ticket holder in the family stand (North Stand) some of the behaviour of the "MIBs" was discraceful.

I also went to the 2nd leg, in the away end at the swamp. I was 'Sat' in the corner, where the usual away allocation is given. Around 65 minutes into the match I tried to use the toilet, and was pushed back by both stewards and police, not that physically but still intimidating. I'd like to point out at this point that I'm 13. And small for my age. We all know the result, and were kept back for 20 minutes with Que-Sara and other music blaring over the speakers, and Norwich scarves were waved around. So after trying to get out for that 20 minutes, when the rags finally did leave THEN we were let out, straight outside into a path of un*ted supporters. The 'Iron Curtain' that was promised? Not for me.

They aren't the only derbies I've experienced, but those two along with the one this Saturday are the biggest, and the most important. So for me the big question is what will be done? Will the rags be kept back after the match until all seats, concourses and surrounding roads are empty except for police? Will the segregation be up to scratch? Will away fans be searched? Will dogs and other security be on-hand? I have just seen on the OS that no ticket duplicates will be issued due to "Advanced Security Requirements."

I know that there is not usually too much trouble at football, especially during early kick-offs when the atmosphere is less intense, but this is a huge derby, arguably bigger than the semis, and I just want to know what will happen. Is that too much to ask?

Amigo said:
After shambolic treatment (in my opinion) towards city fans during both legs of the Carling Cup Semi-Final derbies, what will the police be like this time?

The first match was awful, police had no control over either sets of fans, and united fans were allowed to walk out, and many walked past the family stand area causing trouble. Yes the city fans did give it out but as a season ticket holder in the family stand (North Stand) some of the behaviour of the "MIBs" was discraceful.

I also went to the 2nd leg, in the away end at the swamp. I was 'Sat' in the corner, where the usual away allocation is given. Around 65 minutes into the match I tried to use the toilet, and was pushed back by both stewards and police, not that physically but still intimidating. I'd like to point out at this point that I'm 13. And small for my age. We all know the result, and were kept back for 20 minutes with Que-Sara and other music blaring over the speakers, and Norwich scarves were waved around. So after trying to get out for that 20 minutes, when the rags finally did leave THEN we were let out, straight outside into a path of un*ted supporters. The 'Iron Curtain' that was promised? Not for me.

They aren't the only derbies I've experienced, but those two along with the one this Saturday are the biggest, and the most important. So for me the big question is what will be done? Will the rags be kept back after the match until all seats, concourses and surrounding roads are empty except for police? Will the segregation be up to scratch? Will away fans be searched? Will dogs and other security be on-hand? I have just seen on the OS that no ticket duplicates will be issued due to "Advanced Security Requirements."

I know that there is not usually too much trouble at football, especially during early kick-offs when the atmosphere is less intense, but this is a huge derby, arguably bigger than the semis, and I just want to know what will happen. Is that too much to ask?

I wouldn't worry to much about it this time, as im sure City boys will have a surprise in store for the MIB's this time.

I dont know it for sure, but after what happened at our place in the 1st leg, im pretty sure the young guvs will be ready and waiting this time.

Thy've only got 2.5k They'll be keeping their heads down, but you can bet on a snide ambush.

blue1969 said:
Thy've only got 2.5k They'll be keeping their heads down, but you can bet on a snide ambush.
ferplast-pagoda-budgie-canary-257-253_medium.jpg

Get in a bulk order of 'em; job sorted.

I suppose the fewer fans is a big factor I miss out, I just think that the awful treatment we got in the second leg may be given back. Lets face it, the coppers made us sitting ducks for them, especially the rag stewards. I'd love to see it being given back, yes, and I can see why people would want to do that, but surely it would make us as low as them?

I wasn't there, but from what I have heard about football hooliganism in the 80s I don't think we should go back there. Ever. And if these MIBs do want to go there, let them. They'll get bored eventually.

I suppose I'm just saying that the police should stop the hooliganism, from BOTH sides.

Amigo said:
I suppose the fewer fans is a big factor I miss out, I just think that the awful treatment we got in the second leg may be given back. Lets face it, the coppers made us sitting ducks for them, especially the rag stewards. I'd love to see it being given back, yes, and I can see why people would want to do that, but surely it would make us as low as them?

I wasn't there, but from what I have heard about football hooliganism in the 80s I don't think we should go back there. Ever. And if these MIBs do want to go there, let them. They'll get bored eventually.

I suppose I'm just saying that the police should stop the hooliganism, from BOTH sides.
The MIBs? They'll be too busy attacking the catering outlets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.