Derren Brown

Ironic how near the end his advertisement came up quoting "how to avoid paranormal scammers", I think more people believe that the paranormal is real (as they may have experienced it for themselves) than would ever believe this guy.
I call Shenanigans.

denislawsbackheel said:
Furthermore he said he was somewhere in Europe and asked for "10 five hundreds" off the croupier.
Hungary, an EU country, hasn't adopted the Euro and 5000 Hungarian forints is £17!
the 'croupier' said £5000 euros lol

denislawsbackheel said:
I've been very surprised by this series. Usually he is very clever but this time with 'the wisdom of crowds', a bogus explanantion of 'sleepers', tonight's cack about roulette wheels etc,etc it has been very poor. I am beginning to think this series was a forerunner for something later because so far all he has illustrated is how stupidly gullible most people are. Hilarious how his bouncing ball ending on a number trick was followed in the ad break by a bloke apparently bouncing ping pong balls into cups every time!

i agree mate he is very good but this series has been shite. i think the worst thing he did for himself was "the system" when there was no system and he proved that its just camera stuff when he did the 10 times tossing a head with coin thing

I think he's brilliant.
Not the way he does his tricks (it takes memory, skill, observation) these are simple things anyone can do, only he has the time to do them. Some tricks are done by camera, some are just not tricks at all (like the paper cup knife one and fixing the lottery[my opinion])
The reason I think he is good is that he prays on the minds of people who are expecting his tricks to be real, which they are not hence the word trick, and even after they are left disappointed or confused they still come back to see the next episode (that is the trick!)
What he does is extremely difficult but endlessly entertaining, the trick tonight he failed but got close, so close you think he was just unlucky. The question is did he mess up on purpose? If he did not there will still be those who come to see him try again because they like him and others that want to see him fail because they know it's possible. If he did deliberately mess up then those who were angry with him always being correct will now watch the show to see him fail again, this way they believe they are smarter than him. The same above applies to the outcome of if he did not cock up on purpose being taken into account, he must know if anything went wrong he would not lose viewers as he is nearly always seen as correct.
So to sum up for those who are confused with my endless ramblings, by failing in the percieved trick did he not secure more viewers because now we believe he is vunerable and we are higher in knowledge than him? Will the ratings for his future shows not increase? Is Derren Brown's TRUE trick manipulating each and everyone of the gullible members of the public into watching his shows and paying his wage packet? If he stood on a bucket for 10 minutes in the middle of trafalgar square do you think no one would watch?
I would...

He had a 1 in 37 chance of getting it wrong.............and he got it wrong.

LMAO.

Anyway, who is this Derren Brown loser?

Mr Rich said:
I think he's brilliant.
Not the way he does his tricks (it takes memory, skill, observation) these are simple things anyone can do, only he has the time to do them. Some tricks are done by camera, some are just not tricks at all (like the paper cup knife one and fixing the lottery[my opinion])
The reason I think he is good is that he prays on the minds of people who are expecting his tricks to be real, which they are not hence the word trick, and even after they are left disappointed or confused they still come back to see the next episode (that is the trick!)
What he does is extremely difficult but endlessly entertaining, the trick tonight he failed but got close, so close you think he was just unlucky. The question is did he mess up on purpose? If he did not there will still be those who come to see him try again because they like him and others that want to see him fail because they know it's possible. If he did deliberately mess up then those who were angry with him always being correct will now watch the show to see him fail again, this way they believe they are smarter than him. The same above applies to the outcome of if he did not cock up on purpose being taken into account, he must know if anything went wrong he would not lose viewers as he is nearly always seen as correct.
So to sum up for those who are confused with my endless ramblings, by failing in the percieved trick did he not secure more viewers because now we believe he is vunerable and we are higher in knowledge than him? Will the ratings for his future shows not increase? Is Derren Brown's TRUE trick manipulating each and everyone of the gullible members of the public into watching his shows and paying his wage packet? If he stood on a bucket for 10 minutes in the middle of trafalgar square do you think no one would watch?
I would...

Agree with what you are saying mate, thats the way i've seen it from the very beginning, thats what he's all about and usually i love it, even more so when people don't get it and claim he has failed the "trick" or faked it etc but i was just dissapointed with the way he did it all. I was expecting something much more elaborate and clever and in that respect he dissapointed me with this series.

josh06 said:
I didn't watch it, but i reckon he wanted this to happen.
spot on there josh..it landed in the next number and i too think this was meant to happen..i was crying with laughter when he was explaning how by tapping his right foot when the green spun past and tapping his left foot when the ball went past him he could tell the speed of the ball and determine where it would land..its entertainment for those that like it..david blaines street magic is far far superior

exileindevon said:
josh06 said:
I didn't watch it, but i reckon he wanted this to happen.
spot on there josh..it landed in the next number and i too think this was meant to happen..i was crying with laughter when he was explaning how by tapping his right foot when the green spun past and tapping his left foot when the ball went past him he could tell the speed of the ball and determine where it would land..its entertainment for those that like it..david blaines street magic is far far superior

DIdn't it come out that his street magic shows were all staged, the members of the public were in on it and it was all camera tricks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.