Desktop laptops iMac HP

Goats left knee

Hi everyone
My 11 year old son is into Xbox, I pads, you tubers fortnite Minecraft etc
He is looking to do streaming of those type videos, I don’t have the room for a desktop..
Anyone with experience in this? What would you recommend? I wouldn’t want to spend more than say 400 quid

Hi everyone
My 11 year old son is into Xbox, I pads, you tubers fortnite Minecraft etc
He is looking to do streaming of those type videos, I don’t have the room for a desktop..
Anyone with experience in this? What would you recommend? I wouldn’t want to spend more than say 400 quid
You should be able to stream directly from the Xbox if it's online.

Yeah he can to a degree using twitch and that, but from what he says proper “YouTubing” needs editing from a desktop type system

Yeah he can to a degree using twitch and that, but from what he says proper “YouTubing” needs editing from a desktop type system
Desktops and laptops have the same abilities mate, anything you can do on one you can do on the other. Shouldn't need to spend £400 either. TCIB should point you towards a good deal.

Desktops and laptops have the same abilities mate, anything you can do on one you can do on the other. Shouldn't need to spend £400 either. TCIB should point you towards a good deal.

Cheers, he’s a very smart kid. I’m ok with iPads iPhones Xbox etc but wouldn’t really know what it is he needs.. would rather just get him a good laptop

Cheers, he’s a very smart kid. I’m ok with iPads iPhones Xbox etc but wouldn’t really know what it is he needs.. would rather just get him a good laptop
Deffo a laptop, just for convenience. Especially if you're facing constraints regarding space.

Also with laptops, is forking out around €80 a year for the likes of Mc Afee antivirus a must. Hate that crap, really feel it’s like you get it... and it then feels like you’re paying them to allow your laptop to function correctly!

Also with laptops, is forking out around €80 a year for the likes of Mc Afee antivirus a must. Hate that crap, really feel it’s like you get it... and it then feels like you’re paying them to allow your laptop to function correctly!
There's plenty of decent free ones out there for basic cover if the kid's got a good knowledge of online street smarts and if the computer isn't going to be used for online banking etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.