Desktop Speakers - suggestions?

twosips

Advice please all......

Looking for some decent speakers to listen to music to at home via a whole variety of things. Laptop, phone, vinyl player and potentially even for a bit of mixing (in a band).

I've got a budget of up to around £350 I reckon. Not expecting anything incredible, but curious to hear any suggestions as I'm not fully sure where to start looking.

Cheers

Bose Soundlink 2 is incredible. I imagine the Soundlink 3 is good too. Get along to a Bose shop (Mcr Arndale) for a demo.

Just got the q acoustics 3000 series as a full cinema package and wow.

Film or music, they are incredible.

Given the variety of sources that you intent to use, you will need a suitable amplifier to drive the speakers and possibly a DAC (digital/analogue converter) for your digital sources, and a phono pre-amplifier for your vinyl.
It's doable within your budget, Richer Sounds is a good place to start,go and talk to them.

And Dennis is correct, Bose is expensive rubbish, it'll sound impressive for a few days, a week later the sound quality will drive you mad and you'll want to throw it through the window.

Love the hugely contrasting opinions from post to post on here. Ha. Literally every other post is telling me bose stuff is great, then awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.