Detectorists

Never really got into it but we blitzed it before hitting the Christmas special.

An absolute gem of a programme, beautifully written and acted.

superb cast too - in the special they handled the passing of Diana Rigg very well - just a respectful mention not some maudlin grief fest.

I have to say MacKenzie Crook's writing acting and directorship is superb and Toby Jones just becomes Lance. In fact with the exception of that dreadful Dad's Army movie ( no idea why any of that cast got involved in that tbh ) his involvement in Detectorists and Marvellous are two of the shows that have raised my spirits when I watch them and elevates Mr Jones for me.

Reading this thread has made me want to watch it all again. Such a good show and incredibly rare nowadays to have a show devoid of any cynicism and just relying on beautiful writing, characters, acting and cinematography.

TV at its absolute best in terms of escapism.

Reading this thread has made me want to watch it all again. Such a good show and incredibly rare nowadays to have a show devoid of any cynicism and just relying on beautiful writing, characters, acting and cinematography.

TV at its absolute best in terms of escapism.

all 3 series and the 2 x Christmas Specials are on iPlayer - well worth the time of day

Its scenes like this that sum it up - whimsical and moving - it brings the same tear to the eye as it does to Tezla when he just appreciates how in that moment he is in the perfect place in life - coils to the soil and a great day detecting

It's the only series I've ever 'binge watched'. Some proper laugh out loud stuff.

That joke about the day my wife left me, I won the lottery, is right up there with 'Don't tell him Pike' in my opinion. Genius.

My son and I were arguing this week which is better: detectorists or Early Doors. It's tough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.