did this happen?

Anyone remember the infamous yellow kit game at Arsenal away. None of the fans in our end clapped when we came out because we couldn't make out it was the Blues! Lakey ranked it as our worst kit ever. Think we finished 4-0 down?

jimmycumberland said:
My first game! My dads still got my ticket somewhere. Only thing I remember about it was us playing in red & black.
My first game also, my Dad bought me the ticket as an early 5th birthday present. I think I supported Spurs for half the game as my Dad had said we played in blue at home. I couldn't get my head round it.

nicholasjackson said:
Thanks guys,I thought I was going mad,none of my mates ever remember it,must be why I love it when we bring out a red and black kit

Its ok most on here foam at the mouth

At least there was a sensible(ish) reason why we had to wear our away kit V Spurs. In 2005 the powers that be decided we should launch our new away kit in our final, v important, home game V Middlesbrough. It was an idea to promote the new kit but was an unnecessary distraction.

That was the game with James going into attack and Fowler's missed pen - another goal and City would have qualified for Europe.

i remember both kit changes v spurs.

the first one was because we trotted out in sky blue top, white shorts, sky blue socks and they were in white shirts, sky blue shorts, white socks. shortly after the game started the ref asked spurs to change because the kits looked similar, but their away kit that season was all sky blue so we changed to red and black stripes.

the second one was us in all maroon v them in all yellow, and as i recall it was for television coverage, as it was being shown live abroad and there were still a number of black and white tellies where it was being shown, so dark v light worked better for them.

corky1970 said:
yes it did, i remember shouting in unison in the Kippax

" were supposed to be at home, were supposed to be at home"

I think I was there as well, I remember just seeing Mick McCarthy's legs as he changed in the tunnel ( i used to stand opposite on the kippax) and deffinatly remember the chants.

BUT. I don't remember the year and did not realize it happed twice. Was this the same game?

corky1970 said:
yes it did, i remember shouting in unison in the Kippax

" were supposed to be at home, were supposed to be at home"

i remember this and us blues were quite angry

didnt take much to rile us in those days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.