Did you call a bonfire a bonty or a bommy?

Bommy all night long, lobbing spuds into the embers of the fire, nicking back gates is it all gone now?

Bommy all night long, lobbing spuds into the embers of the fire, nicking back gates is it all gone now?

Black peas on the stove for 3 days before as well drowned in malt vinegar.

Fucking lush!

Black peas on the stove for 3 days before as well drowned in malt vinegar.

Fucking lush!

Heard about them but I have never had them, was going to try some once at Bury market but the wife fancied Greggs instead. Are they similar to mushy peas? and they look like beans don't they?

Heard about them but I have never had them, was going to try some once at Bury market but the wife fancied Greggs instead. Are they similar to mushy peas? and they look like beans don't they?
Those off Bury Market were great, back in the day. The other choice was a paper bag of hot potatoes, but black peas were the favoured choice of mine. Similar to mushy peas but perhaps the sauce is not as creamy and the peas will be harder. Always use the smallest wooden fork you can find to eat with - that's my abiding memory of them as a kid ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.