did you choose or was it bred into you?

charliebigspuds

as we are about to embark on (what should be) city's most successful year's i'm just wondering are you a born and bred blue or did you choose it?
i had no choice, i was taken to my first game at 3 year's old in 1974 by my city mad dad and most of my mate's have had the same (and now i'm doing it to my son) but i do have two mate's who's family's/father's are born and bred rag's. So they choose to be blue, what about you?

Born and bred. No choice for me 15 years ago, it was blue before a I could even say "Which club?". Quite happy about it in all!

My father said to me one day "is it red or blue for you?"
and if it's red you're out the door and I won't see you no more
and then one Saturday afternoon he took me to Moss Side
He said "my son your time has come and this is a lesson in pride"
You see the scum you never run
You stand and fight your ground
and when you've won on derby day
You're sure to hear this sound
Hark now hear
The City sing
United ran away
And we will fight for ever more
Because of Derby day

(it went abit like that)

Bred.

My dad told me he didn't care if I was gay but if I became a united fan he'll disown me.

charliebigspuds said:
as we are about to embark on (what should be) city's most successful year's i'm just wondering are you a born and bred blue or did you choose it?
i had no choice, i was taken to my first game at 3 year's old in 1974 by my city mad dad and most of my mate's have had the same but i do have two mate's who's family's/father's are born and bred rag's. So they choose to be blue, what about you?
My Family are all rags(although all have left Manchester now), but my granddad being someone that had watched both City and the rags in the 50s and 60s let me pick, and I think based more on the fact it would piss my dad off, I went for City 30 years later and with no trophies to show for my support, I wouldn't have changed it got the world!

Interestingly my granddad was used to watch City at Hyde Rd and was a supporter of Manchester Central, in the 30s, so I suppose if they had still been around I might well have supported them.

mum and her half tried forcing me to be a scum, soon saw the blue side of life though

It was Bred into me, whole family are Blues, I was 21 2 days ago and If I had the choice I would choose city anyday... never a dull moment in the life of a blue, wish you all well whatever you do tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.