Diego Forlan - Yay or Nae ?

97 goals in 169 appearences for Villarreal & Ath Madrid is a hell of a record.
Yes for me.

Much better player than when he left the rags, still not sure he's really suited to the premier league. Plus, he's only got 3 years or so left at the top.

Having said that, he's better than what we've got so if we can afford to buy short term then he'd be a good signing.

Maybe we could re-sign his mate Vuoso as well!

he actually wasn't as bad for the rags as people think if you look at the stats: he only started 23 league games and scored 10 goals. he did make another 39 appearances as a sub but presumably a lot of those were with 5 minutes to go or whatever so its not a bad record for a young lad and if we were to sign him hed definately be out to prove a point. He is a bit of a midget though so wed still need our target man

Yes, quality player. I think he'd be a different one to the one we saw at the shithole and he'd be better second time round. He knows where the onion bag is, he'd have something to prove etc. Why not?

Be nice to have Forlan and Tevez banging them in next season... wonder how the press would respond to that. Being serious Forlan would represent a risk - his style didn't suit English football but he may be a better player now.

nmc said:
Be nice to have Forlan and Tevez banging them in next season... wonder how the press would respond to that. Being serious Forlan would represent a risk - his style didn't suit English football but he may be a better player now.

can't see us playing two strikers AND Robbie on the left, probably a striker then Robinho as the second striker playing slight behind him. Robbie's had a tremendous year, not only as his first year in England, but his first year in a new position, but I think if we play him where he is most comfortable we will see the best of him and it will benefit the entire club.

Andouble said:
nmc said:

can't see us playing two strikers AND Robbie on the left, probably a striker then Robinho as the second striker playing slight behind him. Robbie's had a tremendous year, not only as his first year in England, but his first year in a new position, but I think if we play him where he is most comfortable we will see the best of him and it will benefit the entire club.

Take your point but wondered whether we might go 4 3 3 at home next season. Robbie, Villa and Aguero - that would be nice with De Jong, Ireland and Y Toure behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.