Diego Maradona

Had the chance to see him plat for Naples in the 1980s(in Naples), a really unique experience, Zabaleta became a Manchester born player during his time with us, Maradona was Naples... the good and the bad. The one thing you have to say huge loss in so many respects but he sure got his monies worth out of his body in his 60 years on the planet!!!

We all know he had his demons...just finished watching a docu on him and it brought back memories of the 94 WC when something that had never been witnessed before played out.

Maradona led from the pitch by a official representative (in front of the stadium and the tv cameras) from the FiFa doping agency- he was as we are informed tested positive

The above played out after he had continuously spoken out against fifa and Blatter in tv interviews during the WC

I never saw these interviews, or could not recollect seeing them at the time. But this has to make you think that was he set up by the corrupt fifa fuckers run by blatter for what he was saying.

This was a player that long before we even contemplated corruption within the game, was vocally outspoken against it - especially fifa, and that must raise questions, whether we liked him or not. Going on record to say Fifa had sold football to the highest bidder making players play in 70c heat.

What also stands out with Maradona, is that he actually fought for players rights in a time when it was never a second thought by those in charge and held the power. It is the players of today, especially those that are more gifted and are protected on the field of play, that have to thank him for what he stood up for

Flawed yes but in a place that also corrupted him along that path, a genius totally.

I believe he quoted in a book the following:

"Just imagine, what I could have been, what I could have achieved if I had been clean."

Last edited:
Just watched the channel 4 film.
Christ, what a life I'd never want like that.
But what. A. Player.

We all know he had his demons...just finished watching a docu on him and it brought back memories of the 94 WC when something that had never been witnessed before played out.

Maradona led from the pitch by a official representative (in front of the stadium and the tv cameras) from the FiFa doping agency- he was as we are informed tested positive

The above played out after he had continuously spoken out against fifa and Blatter in tv interviews during the WC

I never saw these interviews, or could not recollect seeing them at the time. But this has to make you think that was he set up by the corrupt fifa fuckers run by blatter for what he was saying.

This was a player that long before we even contemplated corruption within the game, was vocally outspoken against it - especially fifa, and that must raise questions, whether we liked him or not. Going on record to say Fifa had sold football to the highest bidder making players play in 70c heat.

What also stands out with Maradona, is that he actually fought for players rights in a time when it was never a second thought by those in charge and held the power. It is the players of today, especially those that are more gifted and are protected on the field of play, that have to thank him for what he stood up for

Flawed yes but in a place that also corrupted him along that path, a genius totally.

I believe he quoted in a book the following:

"Just imagine, what I could have been, what I could have achieved if I had been clean."
I remember him claiming the 1998 World Cup was fixed for France to win it the year before it was played and he was ridiculed for it.

Platini partially admitted it years later.

I'm too young to have ever seen him live, but if there's one thing I appreciate in players it's uniqueness. There won't be another like him.

Before he took the free kick, he complained about the wall because, as you can see it on the vid, there's no way it was at the 10 yards reglementary distance. Still bended it in. It's a fantastic touch from Juventus to choose this free-kick for their obituary. Especially for those who are old enough to remember how italian football was in that era.

The greatest ever for me, no footballer embodied football like he did, aside, maybe, from Garrincha.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.