Difficult to come to terms with

Tourist since 1971

Last two days have been horrendous. One of my wife's friends was the woman murdered in Newcastle whose husband has just been charged. They live about 100yds away and their 2 kids are in the same classes as mine. We used to go to the park with them all, the kids went trick or treating, she organised the Jubille party last year and we all went to her 50th birthday last year. My wife is in shock and somehow I just can't believe its real - I can reconcile it intellectually but something in my brain just doesn't aqccept it. Overnight the poor kids have effectively become orphans for the next 10-15 years - they've got no cousins or anything. I could just weep for them.

Kind of puts all the footy crap on here in perspective.

That's really horrible. Must be so difficult to rationalise, particularly for the kids. I remember as student that one of my mates lived with his mother and brother (his father had died) and we didn't see him for a few days. When he came back we asked where he'd been and it turned out his mum had died as well. Fortunately he had an older sister who could look after them but that day still sticks in my memory.

Poor kids, that is truly horrible. Some times in life truly horrendous things happen.

Whats going to happen to them?

ban-mcfc said:
Poor kids, that is truly horrible. Some times in life truly horrendous things happen.

Whats going to happen to them?

They are currently with another brilliant family round the corner who have kids in the same classes as them (and ours). But no idea about what happens next. I spoke to the bloke who's got them at the moment and he said the police and social services have been absolutely fantastic with the kids. I suppose the plan will be to find them foster parents and try to keep their lives as normal as possible. Not having any experience of this kind of thing I dont know the processes involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.