Dinamo Zagreb (H) post match thread

We have got to get better at taking early chances.

Sterling is great as both a starter and impact sub.

Ota played well but we could have played Garcia instead which would have given the former a rest and the latter some experience.

Savage is a terrible commentator - if Ota is so bad how come he has won so much with us - maybe they should get together and compare what is in their medal cabinets.

Marvelous goal from Foden - maybe he should lead the finishing practice sessions for the rest of the team.

Referee and VAR - shockingly bad but nothing will change.

Shame the Spurs game was on at the same time - I would have enjoyed watching them being dismantled by Bayern.

Shame we all ways seem to be talking about VAR or bent refs in Europe, yet Pep wants me to travel 600 miles have two days of work pay over £200 for home to watch us get screwed by UEFA !!!!

Thought all 3 subs added the pace we were lacking ....

Checked the BBC match report for any mention of dodgy officiating, missed penalty calls and baffling VAR decisions. Strangely enough, I couldn’t find anything.
Wonderful isn’t it - hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil. The corporation has really gone downhill in recent years to the point it is now an irrelevance.

Wonderful isn’t it - hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil. The corporation has really gone downhill in recent years to the point it is now an irrelevance.

It’s a shite competition.

crappy finishing until the subs came on, but Zagreb did well to stay very compact, they just couldn't break.

surely VAR has to award that handball, even if Silva did get a shot off?? D Silva not a pen for me but Aguero was, and the shove in Gundog's (?) face. useless official swallowed his whistle about 30 mins from the end.

Very surprised (and disappointed) by the harshness of some of the assessments on here, both in the matchday thread at halftime, and on here. FFS! Are we spoilt, or what? Do we think every team is just going to rock up, and roll over, à la Watford? The truth is our approach work and build-up play was usually precise and supple, it always maintained a good standard, and was sometimes really inventive. For us to have got through to their box, that many times, against a team that totally conceded possession and packed their box and the area just in front of it, tells its own story.
No. Let's apportion blame where blame is due. The finishing was frankly dire. Yet again. We simply cannot keep doing this, not in the CL, anyway. If you look at Bayern-Tottenham last night, they were not that much better than Spuds, at least not not what the scoreline would suggest. But the Germans' finishing was killer clinical. When we get to tge business end of this competition every year, Bernardo, Merlin, Sergio have to be putting those chances away. I won't get into the problem of decisions against us, which is now becoming downright farcical. But that's a separate issue.
But this attitude of "Oh we can be sloppy with our finishing, because we know we'll always stick a couple in", well actually, no. We can get away with it against the Shaktars, the Dynamo Zagrebs. Not against the likes of Juventus and Atletico, I suggest. We'll get three or four chances, two or three of those have got to go in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.