Dinosaurs / Prehistoric monsters

As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. I grew up in the San Francisco bay area - and some of my favorite memories were that of visiting the San Francisco Exploratorium. So many fascinating displays - and dinosaurs!!!

My parents purchased some delightful toy dinosaurs for me and my siblings to play with - T. Rex (of course!), Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Brontosaurus and others.

Later in life I became fascinated with mass extinction events. And my favorite extinct animal shifted from T. Rex, to the Gorgonopsia - fearsome top predators and mammal precursors predating dinosaurs. Likely they were intelligent, thoughtful but aggressive beings - killed off by the Permian-Triassic extinction event - likely due to runaway volcanic activity.

lycaenops-dinosaur-walking-white-background-EKWP4X.jpg
I actually don’t remember the dinos at the Exploratorium. I remember those guys who were dissecting a cow’s eye, and me jumping up and down in that strobe light room where it left your shadow on the wall.

But if you’re interested in mass extinction events, I suggest you check out the aggregate transfer value of everyone on Utd’s roster.

In the time before dinosaurs we had giant insects and arthropods. Would be horrifying to see them today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.