Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

anymore than 2sheiks said:
I noticed that this Chinese guy has promised a massive war chest for Woy Hodgson if he buys the club.So no talk then of foreigners coming in and treating clubs as a plaything waving cash around.....Just us then is it? Hypocritical twats,every last one of them.

There's actually an interesting piece on it in this morning's edition of The Times. Matthew Syed I believe.

unexpected item said:
fbloke said:
Fixer mate.

I would be staggered and hugely disappointed if at least 3 more sponsorship deals werent in play this season.

I would suggest one US Technology Company would be amongst them.

Just educated guesses of course.

Google perhaps, with Google World as the world class visitor attraction?

If Google sponsored City, the whole of Manchester will need liferafts to stop themselves from drowning in my semen. The two greatest things in the world coming together; it would be perfect.

It will also probably never happen.

Damocles said:
unexpected item said:

If Google sponsored City, the whole of Manchester will need liferafts to stop themselves from drowning in my semen. The two greatest things in the world coming together; it would be perfect.

After what you have just described I seriously hope it doesn't ;-)

Damocles said:
unexpected item said:

Would be better if it was apple. We could have a iCity or iManchester. I would power wank for at least a hour.

johnwaynebobbet said:
Damocles said:

Would be better if it was apple. We could have a iCity or iManchester. I would power wank for at least a hour.

You might end up with a sore Japsi......

fbloke said:
There seems to be a suggestion that City are a less valuable club because of the historically lower turnover.

I agree with that to a point.

But the potential to make profit from City by increasing the T/O of such a well supported club, starved of success for so long is so much greater than doing so with Liverpool.

There is also the suggestion that a new owner popping over and building a 60k seat stadium will automatically mean that it is filled. That is not necessarily the case without success on the pitch.

Again you can see the opposite being true for City as an extended ground (allied to the very best supporter experience) will be done in stages and will (hopefully) coincide with the explosion of success after so many years without.

Liverpool could, possibly be doing the opposite, Investing huge sums in a new stadium at a time when the team are winning less and supporters lose interest?

Of course the wider picture is as important as well, in that the visitor attraction we all wait for info on will mean City derive massive incomes on top of the football revenues.

I cannot think of any top flight club for whom the development opportunities are so favourable.

Here is a question we should all ask ourselves, in a cold hearted business way.

With all that is said about the clubs in question, Liverpool or Manchester City which offers the brightest future and the best value option? The ask which has the most opportunity to do something truly, eye wateringly different?

The answer is of course Manchester City.

So go ahead all young Liverpool fans enjoy the fact that there may well be a new owner in place soon. I honestly and truthfully am gald to see it happening as H and G are the worse kind of owners and I feel your pain.

But remember that since Moores look and found only H and G to sell to (flawed decision or not) these new owners are likely to be of a new type and are buying Liverpool at a time where everything is now in doubt.

Will Liverpool see the top 4 place again? It certainly cannot be guaranteed as it used to be.

Will Liverpool be able to keep City, Spurs, Villa and Everton at bay?

Will the new owners be willing to build a team capable of doing that year in and year out whilst CL footie is a 50/50 possibility at best?

I know that the answer for City's owners is a resounding yes.

Wrong Wrong Wrong mate.
You do have an exciting future but its dependent largely on success on the pitch, thats not the case with Liverpool.
As much as I hate talking about it the legend of the club that has been achieved can sustain the club for a very very long time, you only have to see all the OOT'ers to realise that and that will go on and on. We have won sweet FA for 4 years but still manage to increase our incomings and attract £20M a year sponsorship deals. Man City could take 50, 60 or 70 years to gain the kind of status Liverpool has mate.

As for the 4th place , it was never guaranteed mate, not for anyone.

Rammyblues said:
To be perfectly honest I couldn't give a shit about this takeover, even if they get in done in time even if they have bucket loads of cash to spend, even if they spend it on top quality players and even if they turn their fortunes around and win the prem league next season, all I care about is City being in the top four, if we are there and Liverpool are there and Chelsea and Arsenal are there it means someone not too far away is out and personally that would be more fun.

Oh yes - that would be top - for me the more teams competing for the top 4 the better - if those twats fall out of CL it is the end for them - and it would happen quickly

Wrong Wrong Wrong mate.
You do have an exciting future but its dependent largely on success on the pitch, thats not the case with Liverpool.
As much as I hate talking about it the legend of the club that has been achieved can sustain the club for a very very long time, you only have to see all the OOT'ers to realise that and that will go on and on. We have won sweet FA for 4 years but still manage to increase our incomings and attract £20M a year sponsorship deals. Man City could take 50, 60 or 70 years to gain the kind of status Liverpool has mate.

As for the 4th place , it was never guaranteed mate, not for anyone.[/quote]

I seem to remember someone guaranteeing it.

I wouldn't for a minute underestimate the 'legend" that is Liverpool, growing up (I'm 45) you were literally playing football at a different level to everyone else, but nothing lasts for ever, and won nothing for 4 years? that's a joke right? try 34 and see where your out of town supporters are.

Ask a 10 year old kid about "super leeds" or about how Forest dominated Europe.

I don't think it will happen, especially with this takeover, but a few years without CL football and the "legend" could fade pretty quickly.

Just saying. Personally I think City and Liverpool will be competing at the top for a long time to come, but it's not going to take us 70 years to be a football super power, and it wouldn't take that long for you lot to be yesterday's news..... ;-)

I am pretty sure that if City won 5 Prem' titles on the bounce then legendary status would be theirs, so not quite 70 years.

And of course as well all know the world and his wife dont seem to remember that football existed before Sky turned up the volume!?

So just imagine how distant the 70's and 80's will seem in another decade - and if City have dominated the coming decade with Liverpool on the periphery then I will gladly chat all day about Liverpools historical dominance.

Sorry if already been mentioned but when Frank took over us didnt it take a month or so til the FA were happy with all the requirements etc, will be interesting to see how they view a Dipper takeover

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.