Disappointed?

Blueroses said:
LoveCity said:
Absolutely not, we have enough players for 14 league games + a few FA Cup games at most. And the best of the best (established or on the cusp) weren't really available or would have been really overpriced this month. Even had we paid over the odds and signed a big player, would he have settled in instantly? Possibly not. We'll spend a lot in summer to replenish the squad.

+1

This.
Utd have had a freak season, record ever points tally at this stage and abit of luck along the way. With what we currently have squad wise we are still in with a shout and but for that deflected injury time winner for them at ours,we would be neck and neck with them despite the record points tally.
We have a lot of out of contracts coming up, and we needed to sell a striker or 2 before going big for someone else in the summer so we couldn't really turn down the Milan bid.

Our squad needs abit more quality in depth and I'm sure this will be addressed in the summer. The best signing we could have made though is a shooting coach.....

greasedupdeafguy said:
The only player I could have realistically seen us sign and actually improve us is Villa but that was always gonna be a long shot. What we've done this window is what we should have done in the summer, we couldn't get our preferred targets so we will wait until the next window instead of panic buying.

My sentiment as well.
I have 100% trust and faith in Soriano and Begiristain, and I think this window just shows how our club has now changed for the better with our new executives.

We managed to sell a player who has done absolutely nothing for us this season, at a really good price.
We didn't see one (or several) of those past idiocy-signings involving huge fees and mega salaries for mediocre players suggesting those will never ever happen again.
Money has been invested in a couple of youths which is nice.

Villa would have bees fantastic, but as hinted at above I think such a deal would have been unattractive to Ferran and Txiki financially wise.

I think we will see us running a very tight ship in the future, and I wouldn't surprised if our books next year shows a dramatically changed end result (for the better). I don't fear for a moment this will mean our squad ends up weaker.... we will become stronger and stronger, and we will dominate first British football and soon European football and we will be a club run in the manner of Bayern for example, with an exemplary economy worthy of everyone's respect and admiration.
We'll probably sell a lot of players this summer and bring in just a few.

It might take a few years, and we might not win the PL and Cl every single attempt at it, but we will prevail.

Not an opinion. A fact. :)

No, It was the summer where we failed for whatever reason, i guess this summer we will find out how good these guys are

Nope, not at all.

We got rid of 1 player that has not been performing this season and promoted a youth player which is the direction we need to be going.

Not only is it cheaper it shows a path from the youth academy into the 1st team which is key to us getting the best youth players into the academy.

Couldnt give a fuck. Had a squad capable of winning the title before the window, still have one now. The only thing that needs to change is tactics, or the application of those tactics, or whatever it is that's got our strikers scoring so few goals.

LoveCity said:
Absolutely not, we have enough players for 14 league games + a few FA Cup games at most. And the best of the best (established or on the cusp) weren't really available or would have been really overpriced this month. Even had we paid over the odds and signed a big player, would he have settled in instantly? Possibly not. We'll spend a lot in summer to replenish the squad.
FFP is taken over two years, we made a huge loss in the first year of that two so in theory we should be selling more than Balotelli, if you think we're going to be spending £60m in the summer you'll be disappointed again. Poor management of the squad in a financial sense will kill off any initial outlay the owner made, so far Mancini has lost money on nearly all his dealings.

For a young player to be sold at a loss is very wrong.

Neil McNab said:
FFP is taken over two years, we made a huge loss in the first year of that two so in theory we should be selling more than Balotelli, if you think we're going to be spending £60m in the summer you'll be disappointed again. Poor management of the squad in a financial sense will kill off any initial outlay the owner made, so far Mancini has lost money on nearly all his dealings.

For a young player to be sold at a loss is very wrong.

You need to consider the FFP exclusions (youth academy, stadium and infrastructure and possibly pre 2010 contracts), our loss in the first year according to the club will be within the acceptable limits.

The only players bought by Mancini that we have sold are Boateng (profit), Balotelli (will end up profit) and Savic.

I was a bit but thinking about it, this can only mean that we are going to be in for a few players in the summer.. The likes of Cavani or Falcao, the future is bright!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.