Disappointed?

Matt the Giant said:
PowderBlue said:
I think bobby will be gone by June and the new man will have a cl war chest.

I agree Roberto may very well be in his last couple of months with us, but no way will a new manager have a "war chest" at his disposal.
Money will be spent when called for, and only if the price is right.

We sold Mario this window and I have a feeling we could see another two strikers leave this summer to raise money and to lessen our wage burden.
If Real comes in with a great offer for Kun I'd consider him gone in a heartbeat. The same goes for Edin with a couple of German sides more than interested in getting him. These are two players who I feel, just like Mario, actually would be happier in another country at another club. They won't mind a lower wage, as it will still be very very high.

Money generated from sales first and foremost, will be what we'll have to play with in the future t-windows me thinks. Of course if a fantastic opportunity presents itself we have money to spend.

And I like that scenario a lot.
I like the idea of our club sorting out it's finances, building a club in the Barcelona, Dortmund and Ajax manner. A wealthy, debt free and successful team with a fantastic youth set up and extremely passionate, devoted and proud fan base.
Aguero gone thats crazy! why not tevez think dzeko will go in summer ireckon strikers would be aguero,cavani,jovetic and guidetti with jovetic as a 2nd striker and silva role.

Matt the Giant said:
PowderBlue said:
I think bobby will be gone by June and the new man will have a cl war chest.

I agree Roberto may very well be in his last couple of months with us, but no way will a new manager have a "war chest" at his disposal.
Money will be spent when called for, and only if the price is right.

We sold Mario this window and I have a feeling we could see another two strikers leave this summer to raise money and to lessen our wage burden.
If Real comes in with a great offer for Kun I'd consider him gone in a heartbeat. The same goes for Edin with a couple of German sides more than interested in getting him. These are two players who I feel, just like Mario, actually would be happier in another country at another club. They won't mind a lower wage, as it will still be very very high.

Money generated from sales first and foremost, will be what we'll have to play with in the future t-windows me thinks. Of course if a fantastic opportunity presents itself we have money to spend.

And I like that scenario a lot.
I like the idea of our club sorting out it's finances, building a club in the Barcelona, Dortmund and Ajax manner. A wealthy, debt free and successful team with a fantastic youth set up and extremely passionate, devoted and proud fan base.

My thoughts aren't a million miles from yours. Yes I said a war chest but I agree a lot of the cash will come from sales. Whether ffp is a factor or not, I'm sure they are planning for it hence the need to rebuild, but we need to rebuild at a higher level than previously if we want to build a dynasty a LA barca/real etc. Soriano and bergiristan will not brook signings like Sinclair and Rodwell, as we need world class in every position to achieve what they are going after, and that can't be done without additional funds i suspect. And also, a manager with the right pedigree will not come without the money to bring in who he wants. For what its worth, I think the deal is done, mourinho is coming (fwiw i thought it was pep but that ship has sold) hence the reason Mancini has been unable to spend and had to sell balo.

Isn't the whole idea of a director of football setup that you aren't reliant on a manager to continually build you squad. Managers com and managers go, but it doesn't disrupt squad building as that side of things is managed by Txiki.

If there is a plan to replace Mancini with Mourinho in the summer it wouldnt have affected our January transfer dealings.

moomba said:
Isn't the whole idea of a director of football setup that you aren't reliant on a manager to continually build you squad. Managers com and managers go, but it doesn't disrupt squad building as that side of things is managed by Txiki.

If there is a plan to replace Mancini with Mourinho in the summer it wouldnt have affected our January transfer dealings.

I agree re the director set up however it seems to make no sense to splash cash if the plan is to move on the manager, especially with FFP lurking. And if it didnt affect mancini's spending power, why did he not buy anyone when we have clear glaring holes, and sell a player he apparently didnt want to let go?

disapointed yes i was expecting youth team players but i was hoping for a player to freshen up the team a winger preferably how many times have we seen left back infront of left back and the same on the right but so be it.selling bolo was good for city milan and bolo in the summer i expect tevez to leave that with bolo bridge and rocky will save city 500 thousand a week we will sign class just not household names on hugh wages after all thats what trixys getting paid for

salford blue too said:
disapointed yes i was expecting youth team players but i was hoping for a player to freshen up the team a winger preferably how many times have we seen left back infront of left back and the same on the right but so be it.selling bolo was good for city milan and bolo in the summer i expect tevez to leave that with bolo bridge and rocky will save city 500 thousand a week we will sign class just not household names on hugh wages after all thats what trixys getting paid for

huh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.