Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Cheesy said:
We've been fantastic the last couple of months & Pellers must take a great deal of credit for that. However, one thing that really does still worry me about the guy is an apparent lack of flexibility in his approach to the game.

4-4-2 has worked for us lately because, when everyone is fit, we have the players to dominate the opposition even if they flood the midfield (Bayern excepted). Without the likes of Aguero, Nasri and (more importantly) Fernandhino, this formation just isn't going to work against teams with players of similar ability in the middle of the field.

So, why is he seemingly unable to adapt our formation & tactics when the players he has available for a given game would be better suited to a different set up?

I think he knows better than you which players are fit, and what tactical set up they suit.

Worked well tonight didn't it?

Someone has already asked you the question (which you haven't answered yet)... would you have played with the same set up tonight?

Re: Pellikeegan

Shaelumstash said:
One way of playing. Predictable. So when he comes up against an astute tactician like Guardiola or Mourinho, he gets completely found out.

They spend all week preparing to play against us, they know exactly how we'll play, and come up with a game plan accordingly.

Whether we're playing Norwich, Bayern or Chelsea, we play exactly the same way with the same personnel. We make no alterations whatsoever depending on who we're playing. That gives our opponents a clear advantage.

Nice fella, scores plenty of goals against shite teams, found out against the best.

Mourinho on the other hand, horrible prick, horrible football. Winner. That's the difference.

I'm sure these results happened this season?

Scum 4-1
Spurs 6-0
Arsenal 6-3
Spurs 5-1

Yeah we've been beaten twice by Chelsea, earlier in the season due to a fuck up and then tonight by one goal again. We were poor, but to say we get found out against the best is laughable!

Cheesy said:
We've been fantastic the last couple of months & Pellers must take a great deal of credit for that. However, one thing that really does still worry me about the guy is an apparent lack of flexibility in his approach to the game.

4-4-2 has worked for us lately because, when everyone is fit, we have the players to dominate the opposition even if they flood the midfield (Bayern excepted). Without the likes of Aguero, Nasri and (more importantly) Fernandhino, this formation just isn't going to work against teams with players of similar ability in the middle of the field.

So, why is he seemingly unable to adapt our formation & tactics when the players he has available for a given game would be better suited to a different set up?

No Fernandinho meant this game was screaming out for an extra man in midfield. Mourinho must have been rubbing his hands when our teamsheet went in and he saw Demichelis in midfield and Dzeko and Negredo up front.

BillyShears said:
Hahahahahahahaha.

Such a myopic one eyed completely stupid post Blusterin' Bob could've written it.

I can see it's going to be a long long night.

Another nights ban.

I don't think people are taking me on here

Shaelumstash said:
One way of playing. Predictable. So when he comes up against an astute tactician like Guardiola or Mourinho, he gets completely found out.

They spend all week preparing to play against us, they know exactly how we'll play, and come up with a game plan accordingly.

Whether we're playing Norwich, Bayern or Chelsea, we play exactly the same way with the same personnel. We make no alterations whatsoever depending on who we're playing. That gives our opponents a clear advantage.

Nice fella, scores plenty of goals against shite teams, found out against the best.

Mourinho on the other hand, horrible prick, horrible football. Winner. That's the difference.

Oh no you di ent.

de niro said:
Shaelumstash said:

Bollocks

So we don't play the same way regardless of the opposition? Even Pellegrini himself says that, so I'm surprised you think it's bollocks.

He's not got the nouse to change shape when it's not working, only personnel.

The previous manager would change shape to push Yaya forward, or change to 3 at the back like against Spurs. This fella has changed shape mid-game once, against Bayern when we were 3-0 down, with 10 minutes to go.

He seems incapable of seeing patterns in the game and changing it. How many times did Chelsea hit us on the break tonight? What did he do to change it? Fuck all.

Ah, yes, of course... we lost because a player was injured.

How couldn't I see this? May aswell not have bothered to watch the game.

Much more even 2nd half, but still not good enough. Losing Fernandinho was a cruel blow, but to pick a slow immobile 33 year old centre half in midfield instead was a dreadful error, and against opposition famed for high tempo pressing it was tantamount to suicide. Hazard, Willian and Eto'o ran rings round us. A lot of miscontrolled passes in midfield and poor balls out wide, hit waist high so Navas and Kola needed extra touches all the time, robbed us of momentum.
Whatever, MdM wasn't the worst though. The Beast was anonymous, and Nastasic is unrecognisable from the player of last season. Outjumped and outmuscled by a pair of midgets all night long, caught dithering in possession, got in Kompany's way, it was like watching Stefan Savic all over again.
Only real plus was Jovetic. Looked a class act. We would have beaten most sides tonight, but not a good one. If we set up like that against Barcelona, Messi will fucking kill us. We need to get back on the horse now as quick as possible. Fuck the FA Cup (it won't be any different to tonight), let's go all out against Norwich and Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.