Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an alarming stat last week that out of all the teams in the Premier league, City have used the fewest players. The fact of the matter is fatigue is setting in for a lot of the first teamers, and has been for the last 6 weeks or so. It's almost unfathomable that with the amount of money we have spent, we have used the fewest players. Zabs for instance has nearly played every game this season. He is going to need a long rest after the a World Cup.

Tron Coltrane said:
Damocles said:
I don't see why a manager not fancying certain players has suddenly become a major stab at Pellegrini.

Pep Guardiola couldn't work with Yaya Toure properly in his system so sold him. This is not a slight on Yaya, it's just that he didn't fit Pep's vision. This is not a slight on Pep either.

Mourinho just sold Juan Mata, a tremendously gifted player, because he didn't fit the system that he wanted to play for the style of football. This isn't a slight on Mata as a player nor Mourinho as a manager.

And I'm not sure that using Alex Ferguson, commonly considered to be the greatest football manager of all time, as a benchmark for other people is either realistic or fair.

I'd also like to point out that this season we have had a trip to Wembley and lifted the League Cup, winning one of only three domestic competitions available, and we have done this in a new manager's first season at the club. I don't often use the "spoilt" description of City fans but the idea that we should sack a manager in his first season for "only winning the League Cup" looks uncomfortably close to that description for me.

Patience has its rewards and Pellegrini will benefit highly from working with all of our players every single day now for a full year to know where he stands in the summer transfer window in terms of people in and out. You cannot make those types of judgements in the short time he had with them before the summer window shut earlier this season. We expected to challenge for the league this year, win a trophy somewhere and get out of the groups in the CL. This is what we have done and is a solid foundation to build from for next year.

I click the like button for this.

Champions league qualification, an admittedly wonky trophy, and some of the best football I've ever seen us play (and admittedly some of the worst) in the manager's first season. Heartbreaking finish, thanks for the roller coaster, you're welcome back for another year in my eyes and I'll probably get more grey hairs either way. If that qualifies me for a happy clapper t-shirt, somebody get me a size medium (crew neck if they have them, v-neck's make my chest hair pop out in a less-than-flattering way).

This is it for me - Pelles first season has seen some amazing football but also some of the worst dross - Villa, Cardiff, Wigan just to mention three.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
O v o x o said:
Hate to say this. We should have never sacked Mancini.
This is premier league for christ sake. We don't need a babyface (well, looks like an old mug to me) humble manager who is gonna keep everyone at the club smiling. Get the fuck outta here...

Why sack a proven manager who had brought City from a top 6 club into champions? Won an F.A cup? Got us to another F.A cup final and had us finish 2nd with a squad which was going to be improved in the summer + a big mistake from the board not to improve the squad at Mancini's request.

It's undeniable. If you'd have given Mancini Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas too bolster the squad, plus most likely he would of added a centre half (not the 36 year old clown we have currently), no doubt we would have won the league this season. Too many City fans let our new status get into their heads. The FIRST season we'd 'underachieved', many fans were already calling for Mancini's head.

We replaced a proven winner with a clueless, passionless manager who very much reminds me of the other mug sat in the Utd dugout. I could have understood the sacking of Mancini if it were to be replaced with a better manager, which there were none available at that time, which is a credit to Mancini and made it clear as to why he should have stayed our manager.

Txiki & co. can fuck right off with their holistic approach, this holistic bullshit has potentially cost us a title. Times like this where there are clearly better managers available is when a manager should get the sack, and no doubt if our directors are the real deal then we will not see Pellegrini as our manager next season.

Agreed, we should never have sacked Mancini.

Totally in agreement with this assessment. Not only the Spanish duo, but unfortunately Khaldoon's head should also be ready for the chop too.

It was a major strategic blunder not to bolster the championship winning team with 2-3 more quality players, just as Mancini wanted, instead we got a whole summer of foot dragging by the club and then only buying second rate players at the very last minute, and then we top it all off by sacking the very manager who helped bring the title to us!

All of Mancini's work creating a "winning mentality" throughout the club has been undone.

Eaglechief said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
O v o x o said:
Hate to say this. We should have never sacked Mancini.
This is premier league for christ sake. We don't need a babyface (well, looks like an old mug to me) humble manager who is gonna keep everyone at the club smiling. Get the fuck outta here...

Why sack a proven manager who had brought City from a top 6 club into champions? Won an F.A cup? Got us to another F.A cup final and had us finish 2nd with a squad which was going to be improved in the summer + a big mistake from the board not to improve the squad at Mancini's request.

It's undeniable. If you'd have given Mancini Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas too bolster the squad, plus most likely he would of added a centre half (not the 36 year old clown we have currently), no doubt we would have won the league this season. Too many City fans let our
new status get into their heads. The FIRST season we'd 'underachieved', many fans were already calling for Mancini's head.

We replaced a proven winner with a clueless, passionless manager who very much reminds me of the other mug sat in the Utd dugout. I could have understood the sacking of Mancini if it were to be replaced with a better manager, which there were none available at that time, which is a credit to Mancini and made it clear as to why he should have stayed our manager.

Txiki & co. can fuck right off with their holistic approach, this holistic bullshit has potentially cost us a title. Times like this where there are clearly better managers available is when a manager should get the sack, and no doubt if our directors are the real deal then we will not see Pellegrini as our manager next season.

Agreed, we should never have sacked Mancini.

Totally in agreement with this assessment. Not only the Spanish duo, but unfortunately Khaldoon's head should also be ready for the chop too.

It was a major strategic blunder not to bolster the championship winning team with 2-3 more quality players, just as Mancini wanted, instead we got a whole summer of foot dragging by the club and then only buying second rate players at the very last minute, and then we top it all off by sacking the very manager who helped bring the title to us!

All of Mancini's work creating a "winning mentality" throughout the club has been undone.

Give yourself an uppercut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.