Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so to know him is to love him and his effectiveness isn't related to a successful transfer window ?

To know him is to love him George. Praise be to Txiki and all of his majesty.

And a transfer window is certainly a big part but not the totality of his job. In seriousness, something that is very rarely mentioned here is that he is tasked with creating a "City style" of football that we play all the way down the Academy. I don't ever watch teams lower than the U18s but from what I've seen we do have started building that high paced, attacking down all the way down which is important.

Whoever has the main say on our signings (be it Txiki, or whoever) has a big summer ahead of them. The going so far hasn't been great.

It's July 2nd mate. Transfer window doesn't shut until September. Let's have a bit of patience.

It's July 2nd mate. Transfer window doesn't shut until September. Let's have a bit of patience.
I meant in general. We've had some good signings however others are just WTF. I.E - Caballero, Jovetic (admittedly, injuries have had their say), releasing Lescott looks even sillier now with our HG status, verdict still out for Mangala & Bony.

Then again I'd have us in for Shaqiri so what the fuck do I know.

Any chance of Txiki buying that lad up front for Sweden who won this week's under 21 Euro Championship.

He looked like a City type of player!

I meant in general. We've had some good signings however others are just WTF. I.E - Caballero, Jovetic (admittedly, injuries have had their say), releasing Lescott looks even sillier now with our HG status, verdict still out for Mangala & Bony.

Then again I'd have us in for Shaqiri so what the fuck do I know.

He'll get some right and some wrong. Cabellero seems to be very much a Pellegrini signing to bring in someone he trusted in a time where he was new and there were question marks around Hart.

Lescott just cannot play in our team any more, HG status or not. We'd have to change our entire way of playing which I imagine came into it more than anything else.

Mangala was a big signing for Txiki in my opinion. We tracked him for months, he wanted him and beat off competition from other clubs by putting the money down. This was very much somebody identified and dealt with by Txiki. We'll see over the next few years whether that £32m was shrewd or not.

Jovetic was a good idea badly executed in my opinion. Can't stay fit and trying to constantly prove himself has left him as useless to us in terms of his ability to rotate with Aguero. Bony as mentioned is too early but £25m for the PL's top scorer at the time is looking like a decent deal considering we're looking at €100m for Pogba or £50m for Sterling or De Bruyne. Straight swap for Negredo for all intents and purposes.

I wouldn't have us in for Shaqiri because he's wank. One of those players who built a reputation whilst young as a future world class player then never showed it. It's why he's going to Stoke or Everton.

Considering he's wank, probably not.

A bit like some of Txiki's signings then!
I want Txiki to succeed. He's taken credit for selling some of our fringe players so he should share accountability for getting sweet FA for Guidetti (and Milner for that matter!)

Yes Mangala has every chance of becoming a great player for us - but we have still spent £20m more on him than Zouma who is a comparable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.